Chapter 3

We pulled up outside the orphanage. It was huge. Totally not what i was expecting, i'd read about orphanages they were horrible, cramped places. Not like this.
'Here we are' said the officer
'I'll help you with your bags' said the other
'Thanks' i spoke quietly still in shock.
I grabbed my bags and walked up the steps. I knocked on the door and a beautiful woman with blonde hair and deep blue eyes opened the door.
'Hello, you must be Mimi' she had a soft voice. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.
'Yes, nice to meet you' i replied. I mean it would have been nice to meet her in any other circumstance.
'I'm Miss Thomas. But you can call me Hannah' she seemed really nice but you know do you.
'I'll bring your bags up and show you to your room then you can meet the others.' She continued.
We walked down a long corridor and up a magnificent flight of stairs. The house was beautiful. Eventually we came to the end of a corridor and she pushed open a small door. Inside was a bed a wardrobe and a desk.
'This is your room, i'll leave you to unpack dinner is at 7' and she left me alone in my room.
I sat down on the bed and cried. The events of today hadn't really sunk in. It had gone from being the best day of my life to the worst day in a matter of minutes. I got up and slowly began to pack my clothes into the wardrobe when i heard a creek and a little head popped round the door.
'Hello' i said
'Hi, i'm Megan. Hannah said not to bother you before dinner but i wanted to come say hi.' She was a younger girl she must have been 7 or 8.
'Hi Megan, i'm Mimi.' I replied
'You want some help.' She asked
'Sure'
'So how long have you been here?' I asked curious
'About 5 years my parents dad left just after i was born and my mum died when i was 3' she didn't seem particularly sad about it but then i guess she had been quite young.
'Oh i'm sorry' i replied not knowing how else to reply.
'Ah it's ok i've gotten used to it.'
We continued to pack my clothes away before we were called down for dinner.

TIME SKIP

After Dinner
I snuck back up to my room not really wanting to be around anyone else. They had all seemed very friendly and i was really beginning to think it was gonna be ok after all. There was 20 girls here and I was the oldest. I picked up my phone and looked through my twitter trying to cheer myself up. I saw Lins goodnight tweet and it brought a smile to face. I got into my pyjamas and curled up in my bed the events of today running through my head.

_____________________________________________
A/N
I hope you like this chapter. I don't want this story to go too slow but i also don't want it to go too fast. Im tryin ta get to the fun bits
Beth x