Make Me Forget

Harley's POV

The pavement clicked under me as I rode up to the body shop. I stopped, kicking my skateboard up into my hand and walking into the garage. No Jade, but NJ was there. Odd, he never works weekdays.

He looked up at me, shock in his timid eyes. "Harley, I'm surprised to see you here."

"I could say the same." I curiously replied. "Jade told me you only work weekends."

He smiled. "Yeah, normally, but I've been saving up some money. If anyone's ever gonna take me seriously, I have to upgrade my drum kit, but that costs money, ya know?"

"Of course, that shit costs a lot of money." I laughed. "You know where Jade is?"

"Yeah, out back, taking a smoke break." NJ responded, to which I thanked him and started to walk out. "And Harley?"

"Yeah?" I asked as I spun around.

"Before you leave, can I get Ryder's number from you? I lost it." He nervously chuckled.

I smiled, remembering all the stories Ryder told me about him and NJ growing up. Ryder never thought NJ would forgive him for what he did.

"Of course." I responded.

Jade's POV

The wind was blowing pretty bad. Cars were whipping by on the street every once and a while, but other than that, it was quiet. Thank you, God. I was starting to forget what silence was like.

I swear I haven't slept in what feels like years. If I'm not at work, I'm taking care of my sisters. The only time I get to sleep soundly anymore is every once and a while when Arianna takes the little ones for a few hours. My aunt offers to, but Seamus has warned me about his mother. She isn't to be trusted.

Everyday I'm on edge anyways. I'm just waiting for the call that my mom's in her final hours. She's on her death bed, and if I keep working this hard, I'll be joining her.

I heard someone else's feet on the gravel. Looking up, I saw Harley, the sun shining brightly behind her. She slid down the brick wall and sat down next to me.

"You said if I ever needed to talk, I could come talk to you." She said. "But I don't even need to talk. I just want someone to be lonely with."

"Then you came to the right place." I replied, taking a puff off my cigarette.

"Can I borrow a smoke?" Harley asked.

"Thought you quit." I responded, handing her my pack of cigarettes and my lighter.

She sighed, lighting up. "Thought I did too."

I chuckled under my breath, leaning my head against the wall and taking another huff. For the first time in a while, I forgot everything else in the universe and finally felt content. I tend to forget how she makes me numb to all my problems, like a few glasses of liquor.

"You ever had someone tell you how intoxicating you are?" I asked, turning my head to look at her.

"Only you, but I guess it goes both ways." She replied, looking back at me.

Her eyes are so beautiful, but her smile, so sinful. Our eyes lingered on each other for a while, as our cigarettes burned down in our hands. I sighed, putting it out in the gravel.

"Jade?" She asked. "Can you make me forget? Like you did before?"

I felt air get stuck in my throat, replying with a hoarse voice, "It made both of us forget."

"Then do it." Harley sharply whispered.

I shouldn't, it ended badly before. A little voice in the back of my head keeps begging me to kill the pain with her soft skin, and poisoning kiss. There's so much agony pulling me down, like anchors dragging me to the bottom of a very deep ocean. I'd give anything to forget it all... Just for a moment.

She placed her hand my mine, looking deeply into my eyes. To Hell with it.

I put my hand on the side of her face, pulling her down to my lips. Harley got closer to me, deepening our passionate kiss. God, I shouldn't be doing this, but it felt so right. Her hand started to move up my chest. I pulled back, grabbing her wrist. 

"You seriously don't want to do this right here? Out in the open?" I asked.

"You're such a killjoy." She laughed in return. "Fine, come over this weekend?"

"Sure thing." I responded, feeling her soft hand leave mine. 

Harley pulled her necklace off, bouncing it around in her hand. "You promise?" 

"Promise." I smiled.

She beamed with a beautiful grin, placing her necklace over my head. Then she kissed my check, and took off. I was surprised that she actually trusted me enough to give me her prized necklace. It was a Black Veil Brides one, she's had it for years and keeps it close to her heart. 

They're her favorite band, and they inspire her to make keep going all the time. This really means a lot to her if she's giving me this.

Photo's of the necklace & NJ (aka Chad Kowal) in the sidebar/info

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed!

If you liked it, please show your support <3

I Love You, Outlaws!

~Meryl <3