She Is Love Part 2

Harley's POV

Eddie's right. I hate admitting it, but he is! Damn him, he's always right on the money with shit like this. It's time I just relax and take a step back from guys, along with all the drama that acompanies them.

Today I'm going to try out for the state honors choir. It's past the cut off date for this year's admissions, but if I'm the best damn thing they've ever heard, they'll overwrite the system and let me join. I pulled on my best blouse and dark bell bottom jeans without holes, completing it with my shiniest pair of cowboy boots.

"Someone's looking all professional and high horse." Eddie joked as he stood in my doorway.

I giggled. "Farthest thing from it, I'm just a young punk, but hey, there's hope, isn't there?"

"Of course." He smiled. "Just let your voice do the talking. If they don't like you, that's their problem."

"Thank you Eddie, I know you'll always be there fo-" I started to say, but was interupted by his phone ringing.

He put up his finger to give me the "one sec" signal as he fished around in his pocket for his phone. Eddie answered it with a smile, walking out of my room talking in his flirty voice. This new girl, whom he refres to as "just a friend" seems to be a lot more than she appears.

I grabbed my phone and keys, heading for the door and passing him on the way out. Eddie tapped my arm while I walked past him, forcing me to turn around. He was still on the phone, but mouthed me a "good luck, love you", then returned to his phone call.

"Yeah, sorry babe, I was talking to my sister." He replied to... his babe?

Wow, talk about moving fast. I smiled as I went out the door and hopped on my Harley Davidson. The chilly wind shocked my system as it hit me like a ton of bricks.

Despite the wind, I was happy to be traveling along the main road of our small town, admiring the tall, blooming trees. Spring was just around the corner, and allergies in the air. Aside from the pollen, I love Spring! It's almost like a fresh start after the dim winters; like the light at the end of the tunnel.

Unfortunately, the trees started to getting fewer and fewer the closer I got to the city. Littleton is still another hour away, but Denver's modernization, along with the million ski resorts, has started to creep into out small town and taken away it's charm.

We live up by the mountains, miles and miles away from the city. I grew up in a small town, and honestly, cities disgust me. They're always filthy and full of rats, both animal and human.

Sadly, the HQ of the honors choir is in Littleton, a suburb of Denver. It's a long ride, thank God it's starting to warm up.

An Hour Later

After running to a McDonalds bathroom to fix my helmet hair, I walked to the headquarters, which was conveniently in the same parking lot. I greeted the receptionist and told her I had a meeting with the board of directors and choir conductor. She told me to take a seat and wait for my name to be called. God, I feel like I'm at a doctor's appointment or something.

What felt like hours, but only a few minutes later, I was called back. Then I was placed in front of a set of older men and women, ranging from forties to death. Seriously, I think one of them was ready to croak right there. That sounded horrible, but it's true!

One woman, about forty five I'd say, stood up and extended her hand out to me. She had dry, semi-long dark hair and red glasses that reminded me of something Betty Boop would wear.