Pick Up The Phone

Kevin's POV

Once Harley got back to school, I stayed after with her everyday to help her. For some reason, Jade hasn't been at school, but I'm sure Harley isn't complaining. She was terrified to see him again, because she had unintentionally hurt him so bad. At least her grades are going up, but her smile hasn't seen the light of day in God knows how long.

Each day she eats lunch by herself, and she gets kind of mad if anyone tries to sit by her. It's almost as if she wants to be alone. That, or she doesn't want to break. In class, she is constantly asking if she could do projects without a partner, and the teachers are nice enough to let her, most of the time.

I hope that things start to turn around for her, 'cause I'm very worried she'll take a turn for the worst. I've got one more trick up my sleeve, but if it doesn't work, I don't know what will.

Harley was in the middle of cleaning up her books to go home for the day. Math really whooped her ass this week. She hasn't been understanding the new unit all too well, and that'll make her feel stupid. I wish she wasn't so hard on herself.

"Hey, Harley?" I said as she began to walk away.

"Yeah?" She replied as she spun around.

"I, uh, I have an aunt who works for the Colorado state choir. I pulled some strings and... They want you to audition this weekend." I bit my lip, anxious for a response.

Her jaw dropped. "Are... Are you serious?" I nodded, seeing her eyes light up. She jumped on me, hugging me tightly. "Thank you thank you thank you! Oh my God, you have no idea how much this means to me." Harley was smiling ear to ear, then the hope dimmed from her eyes as some evil thought hit her. "But... I could never afford something like that."

"If you're good enough, they'll give you a scholarship. Just make sure you knock them off their feet with that beautiful voice."

"Well, I doubt I could do that." She laughed. "But thank you again. I am forever in your debt."

"Pssshh, don't mention it!" I grinned.

We said our goodbyes, and she continued to thank me ten times over. I watched her walk out the library door, happiness eating her up.

Jade's POV

Harley won't answer my calls, texts, emails, DM's, anything. I've tried so desperately to just talk to her. Short of showing up on her front door, I'm shit out of luck. I was forced to drop out of school; my grades were slipping and I need to start working full time.

The only way to support myself is to take twelve hour shifts. My dad went to jail the day after Harley and I broke up. Guess it just isn't my week, huh?

While I was working on the engine of a car, I heard someone come in but didn't think much of it. That was, until the voice chilled me to the bone.

"Why haven't you been at school?" Seamus asked as he leaned on the side of the car.

I sighed. "My dad went to jail. I have to support myself and my family somehow."

He stared at me coldly for a solid twenty seconds, then changed the subject as he looked away and began walking to his bench. "What'd you do to Harley to make her hate the world?"

"I screwed up." I simply admitted. "After she was nearly raped by that scum bag Ryder, she crashed at Eddie's house. I went over to check up on her, and found them laughing on the couch, her laying on top of him. To me, it looked pretty bad. I stormed out, then when Eddie explained it was all a misunderstanding, I had dug my hole too deep."

Seamus took a deep, disappointed sigh. "Why didn't you apologize?"

"I've tried, desperately, but she won't answer her phone."

He pulled his phone out of his pocket, then handed it to me. "Here." He said.

I looked down to see Harley's contact open. This could be my only chance to fix things....

Woo another short AF chapter for 12 Days of Updates! Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for all the support, I Love You, Outlaws!

~Meryl <3