Chapter 36: A Rose Won't Help Tonight

I AM SOOOOOO SORRY FOR THE WAIT GUYS, BUT I HAVE FINALLY UPLOADED IT. IT’S ALMOST THE END!!

I ALSO WANT TO SAY THAT TODAY IS ONE MONTH OF ME STARTING THIS STORY!!! WOW!

ENJOY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lilly’s Pov~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Paul? When are we supposed to leave?” He checked his silver watch again. That was the sixth time within 10 minutes.

“Soon sweetheart. I have a schedule to keep too.” I nodded, then turned to Becki.

“Wonder how Emmie’s doing?”

“Niall’s a sweetie, he’ll take good  care of her.”

“Your right. No need to worry.”

“Besides, we have our own boys to think about.”

“I know! I’m excited to see what Liam’s going to do.”

“Aww! He will do something romantic. I found him one of the most romantic.”

“Haha. They are all romantic.”

“True.” We sat in silence. In the distance I could hear the faintest beat of music playing. Probably Niall and Emmie.

“Alright Lilly. Your time to make an impression.” I got up, walked over to Paul and tightly wrapped my thin arms around him. He was slightly stunned, but gave in and returned the hug.

“What was that for?”

“I don’t know. Just thought I should give you a hug. You’re the type of person that looks quite huggable.”

“Thanks cupcake. No go find Liam.”

“Which way?”

“Straight ahead til you see a lamp post.”

“Okay. Thank you.”

“Anytime.” I waved to Becki then went on my way.

It wasn’t that long of a walk. Good thing I decided to wear flats, this would have been nasty if we wore high heels.

I arrived at the lamp post to find a person’s back to me leaning against the post.

“Liam?” The figure spun around. The light flashed against his face.

“Hello love.” I rushed over to his welcoming arms.

“Before I squeeze you to death, I have something for you.” He removed his hand from behind his back. There was a rose in his hand.

“Liam! Thank you.”

“Anything for my dear.” I took the rose, lifted it to my nose.

“It smells wonderful.” Liam, nodded, started to play with my free hand, the spoke “Tonight is dashing. Why don’t we take a walk and experience tonight’s beauty.”

“Alright. Thanks again Liam.”

“Don’t thank me. I’m only showing you how you deserve to be treated.”

“Such a gentlemen.”

“I try.” We began to walk towards the walkway. We were hand in hand as we walked along. Though, thoughts kept swimming through my mind. All of my dreams are coming true, but I’m still not complete. There’s still the dark hole in me that hasn’t been filled. Being here with Liam is the best thing that has happened to me, but I’m with him will be able to follow my dream?

“You okay?” I turned to Liam. I was so deep in thought I’ve forgotten where I was.

“Yeah.  I’m fine.” He had a concerned expression across his face.

“Do you want to talk about it?” If there was anyone I could talk to it would be him. I knew I could trust him.

“Being with you is the most amazing thing that has happened in my 19 years of life. Nothing can compare to these last few days, but I feel like there’s still something missing. There’s like a hole in my heart that can’t be filled. I don’t know what to do.”

“Lilly. I had that same feeling before I auditioned for x-factor the second time. After I succeeded in what I loved to do, that hole was filled. It was because I’m doing what I love to do; that’s to sing with all of my heart. You have that same desire. You glow with energy to sing. Now you just have to fulfill you desire. Fill that missing part in your life.”

“You mean it?”

“I’ll personally put word in to give you a look at. You definitely good enough for anyone to love you.”

“Liam! Thank you so much.”

“Why don’t I call them right now. Now you don’t have to wait anymore.” I was speechless. I couldn’t believe Liam would do this for me. Maybe I was wrong about him.

Liam was on the phone for only 10 minutes. The whole time a smile filled his face. Finally he hung up.

“So?”

“Good news or bad news first?”

“Shit! Umm…..good news first.”

“Well, they are going to give you a try.”

“Bad news?”

“You have to leave tomorrow to fly to California. Your plane ticket and hotel will be paid for.”

“I can’t believe this is happening. I finally get to follow my dream. Thank you a thousand times over again. God, I love you so much.”

“Hold up, what?”

“What?”

“Repeat what you just said.”

“I said I love you.”

“Do you love me?”

“Of course I do.”

“Oh okay.” He glanced down to the ground.

“Should I have not said that.”

“No. Just, no one has told me they loved me since Danielle.”

“Oh, Liam. I’m sorry.” I grabbed him  and squished him in my arms.

“Not your fault. I only thought I would be ready to fall in love again. I was wrong.”

“I moved too quickly. It’s fine.” I felt horrible inside. Saying that just slipped out.

“I’m gonna go try and find Niall and Emmie. I’m so sorry.” I started toward the music in the far distance. I don’t know what I was thinking. I guess I was hoping that Liam would stop me from leaving, but step after step my doubt deepened. I vowed myself to never cry over a guy, but I couldn’t help the tears to flow down my cheek staining the sides of my face as they rolled off onto the ground. Guess happily ever after’s  aren’t everyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Liam’s Pov~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idiot! Don’t let her leave. Danielle is in the past. Lilly is the one you’ve fallen for. Just let go and more on. Obviously you love Lilly. Go after her. Apologize and start over. You’re ruining your chance for happiness again!

Even though those thoughts kept buzzing in my head I didn’t move an inch. Just kept watching her walk in the shadows of the trees. IDIOT!