"Listen butler.. Just because you're not allowed to speak to me as you did before doesn't mean you get to be an ass.." I said in a deadly low tone, getting close to him. "Now give him to me.." I said reaching to take Ciel from his arms, he was struck with fever and didn't seem to be able to quite comprehend what was going on.

"You couldn't handle him.."

"Try me.." I said as I pried him from Sebastian's arms and held him in mine, I had to admit he was pretty heavy.. but nothing I couldn't handle.. "Why the hell would you let him go out anyway?" I snapped as Ciel wrapped his arms around my neck like he did when was little.. My heart almost melted..

Sebastian stayed silent, I growled and spun on my heal, making my way towards Ciel's bedroom. "Just make yourself useful and get me a tin of cool water and a rag.." I snapped as he started to follow me.

When I made it to his bedroom and attempted to lay him down on the bed, I felt a tug at my sleeve.

"Luis.. I'm sorry.." I heard him say weakly.

"Shh don't speak it's alright.." I said, though I was preoccupied in trying to change him out of his clothes.

"No.." He said hoarsely as he grasped the hand that was undoing his shirt buttons. "I was unfair to you.. I had no right to-" but he was cut off by a barrage of mucus filled coughs and hacks. Making a face of disgust when he was finished.

"All is forgiven.. I was unfair to you as well.. And I truly apologize.. I could have caught this sooner if I hadn't been  so set in my ways.. But that can be behind us now.. We need to focus on getting you well.." I said as I brushed his hair away from his sweating forehead and planted a kiss on the top of his head. "My love for you alone can sit atop anything else.."

I saw a small genuine smile creep up his lips.. I managed to get him out of his clothes and into his night shirt just as Sebastian walked in with the tin of cool water.

"Just set that there.. I'll need a few more blankets, some white tea with honey and lemon, and I'll take care of his dinner for tonight." I said without even looking in his direction as I helped Ciel into bed and took off his eye patch. I could hear the door shut as he left again and I started to turn to leave as well.

"Lo.." I heard him say sleepily. "Could you.." He seemed to shy to finish his thought, but I only smiled and kicked off my boots, crawling into his bed to lay next to him. He pressed himself as closely to me as he could, sighing in content. I ran my fingers though his hair softly, occasionally taking the cool rag and dabbing it on his forehead. All the while humming a soft soothing song..

"Baby mine, don't you cry. Baby mine, dry your eyes. Rest your head close to my heart, never to part. Baby of mine.."

It wasn't long until he was fast asleep, breathing through his mouth due to a stuffy nose. I heard Sebastian enter again this time with a cart carrying all that I had asked for. He stopped in his tracks the moment he saw us.

"My.. That's not like my master at all.." He said with a small chuckle.

"He is just a child.. Every child has the right to want to be held and cuddled when they're sick.." I said as I stoked his head, I noticed he was nuzzling his face underneath my chin. "Could you close the curtains?" I asked softly, Sebastian complied, doing as I asked.

"You should start dinner preparations soon." He said, pouring some boiling water into another tin and placing a rag on top of it. I nodded, slowly shifting myself off of the bed and out of his grip.

"He shouldn't wake up for a little while, just make sure to dab his forehead with the cool rag every once in a while, make sure he doesn't get too hot or cold.." I said in a low voice, slipping my boots back on and readjusting my dress.

"I think I can handle it from here Miss. Augustine thank you.." He said with a small smile and a hand over his heart.

"Right.." I said, time seemed to stand still for a moment as I watched Sebastian readjust the covers on the sleeping form in the bed. Was this really the end for us? Was the rest of our time together going to be held in an uncomfortable silence? With an unspoken tension that seemed to become greater by day?

The dream that I had had flashed into my mind again and I found my fingertips touching my collarbone unconsciously.. I don't remember ever having that little black bird.. Burned into my skin.. Just another piece of the puzzle, yet to be uncovered.