Chapter 6 - Meeting the Uchihas

Start from the beginning

"That may be, Tajima sama, but we should be careful. We don't know what tricks she has up her sleeve. We cannot let her trick us into falling prey to an ambush from the Senju." Hiroaki, an elite strategist and a powerful man, pointed out with a frown.

"Of course. We will first have to see what kind of person she is on the outside. Depending on the way she speaks, the way she behaves when in front of us, we can decide how to go about dealing with her. Sealing her chakra may be out of question though...." I brought a hand to my chin with narrow eyes.

"If I may say, Tajima sama," Tatsuo spoke up, gaining our attention. "I don't think she is someone you need to be so wary about. She is but a mere healer....I don't think she can even use basic taijutsu."

"That does not mean we can lower our guard around her, Tatsuo. You were the one who said that the Sharingan is useless against her. Even shinobi of other clans at our level of chakra control cannot resist our ocular power so having to deal with someone who is unaffected by it is no small matter." I reminded him.

"I know that, Tajima sama. However, I wasn't able to complete what I wanted to say when we spoke about this matter with Madara sama and Izuna sama. That girl is just...."

"Listen here, Tatsuo," Shuji interrupted in slight annoyance. "It doesn't matter what you think of her. She might have helped you on a whim despite knowing that you are an enemy to the Senju. But I doubt she will make the same mistake twice. It would be wise to not let your gratitude towards her cloud your judgment of her."

"Shuji san, I am not saying this carelessly. I know that we should be guarded around anyone we meet outside the Uchiha Compound and that is what I follow very seriously. But this girl is one we can make as our ally without much effort. We have no reason to be wary of her because she's...."

"That's enough, Tatsuo." I cut him off. "I will be the one to decide if she can become our ally or not. And that can happen only after I see her for myself."

"But Tajima sama, if I could just say..."

Our conversation was cut short when we heard a knock on the door and Kiyoko ask for permission to enter.

"Come in." I said curtly.

The door was slid open and Kiyoko stepped inside with the healer and a young boy following her hesitantly. The girl had stalled for a moment before entering the meeting room and the look on her face as well as the slightly tense posture she had indicated that she was nervous. The young boy was trembling slightly and darted his eyes around at all of us uneasily.

I narrowed my eyes as I looked over the girl when she stepped into the room after taking a deep breath. She was fair skinned with bright violet eyes and silver hair reaching till her knees that she had tied up with several braids around the rest that was left open. She was slim with no indication of having done hard labor, let alone training like a shinobi, and she was not very tall. She was probably two or three inches shorter than the average height for a woman. She wore a simple one piece dress that reached her calves. The young boy who was with her had dark brown hair and golden eyes and was tall enough to reach the girl's waist.

The minute they stepped into the room, the boy seemed to get even more nervous than before. Fear was evident on his face and he held onto the girl with his arms around her as he looked between all of us. The girl, however, darted her eyes around at the space in front of her – she didn't look at any of us probably afraid to meet our gazes. She looked mildly anxious and she had wrapped her arm around the boy's shoulders but she didn't show hesitance to the extent I had hoped she would show in our presence.

I narrowed my eyes at her further and glanced at the others in the room to see them watching her with scrutinizing gazes as well. I decided not to make this a big deal so I cleared my throat and had everyone's attention, especially that of the healer and the boy, brought to me.