Chapter 19 Hide and Hydra

Start from the beginning

"Chiron told me not to tell anyone, so...I don't know if I should say."

"We'll keep it a secret!" Tyson promised. I gave him a small smile.

"Is it something important?" Percy wondered.

I inhaled deeply before nodding. "I don't know if you know, but...there is another world out there," I began. "Like how gods and goddesses exist."

I smiled at the thought of my loved ones from Hogwarts and the Burrow. "I'm...I'm a witch," I confessed.

"Hecate's children?" Percy asked.

"Hm...something like that? I'm not really her daughter though," I responded.

"You are a pretty witch!" Tyson exclaimed. "Not the ugly kind!"

"Thanks, Tyson," I laughed.

"So...you are the daughter of Khione and a somewhat descendant of Hecate?" Annabeth clarified.

"Yes, if you put it that way," I agreed to her statement. I pulled out my wand from my duffel bag.

"A wand!" Tyson pointed out. "You have a broom too?"

I smiled, chuckling. "It's back at home."

"How about spells?" Tyson pressed. "Like Abracadabra!"

I frowned, shaking my head. "I can't do spells here."

"So, he's saying that you're the most powerful one out of all?" Annabeth questioned.

My eyebrows drew together. "Aren't there people like me in Camp Half-Blood too?"

Percy and Annabeth exchanged glances, then turned to me.

"Bianca, I've never met anyone like you at camp, and I've been there longer than the others," Annabeth explained. "Plus, you would be called a god or goddess if the immortal parents mated together."

Who am I if there aren't people like me?

My eyes shifted off into the distance.

Why aren't there people like me here? It doesn't make sense. So, my mom mated with a wizard who's either a muggle-born, half-blood, or pure-blood, and then I received both genes? This is too confusing. There aren't people like me at Hogwarts...and now, there aren't people like me at Camp Half-Blood. Great.

Who am I?

Percy and Annabeth noticed my despondent expression over my identity. They assured me that everything will all be revealed to me in time, but I wasn't sure. I just wanted to know who I was.

We finally spotted land. As we approached closer, we could see it was a beach lined with tall hotels and buildings. The water was packed with fishing boats and tankers.

"That's Virginia Beach!" Annabeth pointed out as we got closer to the shoreline. "Oh my gods, how did the Princess Andromeda travel so far overnight? That's like-"

"Five hundred and thirty nautical miles," Percy blurted.

I stared at him. "How did you know that?"

"I-I'm not sure," he uttered, confused at what came out of his mouth.

"Percy, what's our position?" Annabeth interrogated.

"36 degrees, 44 minutes north, 76 degrees, 2 minutes west," Percy reported. He shook his head. "Whoa. How did I know that?"

"Because of your dad," Annabeth assumed. "When you're at sea, you have perfect bearings."

"That is so cool," I commented in awe.