Chapter 16 Catch-Up and Chariot

Start from the beginning

꧁ ──── ∗ ❆ ∗ ──── ꧂

Dinner was finished, and everyone returned to their cabins.

Alice, being such a nice friend, found a bunk bed for me. I shared one with Sonia, a daughter of a minor god. She was nice so far, but she didn't talk much.

"You want to come with us to the showers, Bianca?" Alice asked with Julia and Sonia by her side.

I was currently organizing my belongings. I noticed many other campers of the Hermes cabin rushing out with their shower caddies, towels, and clothes. I found out that it was a public bathroom. By now, the showers must be crowded. I shook my head. "I'll come later. Thank you."

Hmm...maybe I could find Saffron. He does have Nico with him so that my cabin mates wouldn't be suspicious about why I have a pet owl. I could owl my friends.

"Alright! Our curfew is 11:00 PM sharp!" Alice reminded.

"Don't let the harpies catch you!" Julia chimed before exiting the cabin with the girls.

Harpies?

I shrugged and climbed down the top bunk bed. Assuring that my items were stored safely so no one would steal them, I left the cabin in search of the satyr.

"Saffron!" I called, trying to remember where the Big House was. I was only familiar with that area.

Blimey, where do satyrs live?

I passed the volleyball court, and I knew I had to be close by.

"Bianca?" I heard the familiar voice I was searching for. "Bianca, what are you doing!"

I whipped my head to a curious Saffron. "The shower lines seemed too long. I was hoping that if I owled my friends, the lines would become shorter by the time I finish."

Saffron nodded, gesturing for me to follow him. "Let's go." He escorted me to where he kept my owl.

"Nico!" I exclaimed as I spotted the chirping owl in the corner of the room. I rushed over to Nico and petted him through the cage. "You're happy that you're now back to your size?" He bit me, and I pulled my hand back. "Ow, yeah, I deserve that."

"Only the satyrs know about him," Saffron chimed in. "They really like him."

I smiled. "Thanks for keeping him here, Saffron."

I placed my parchment and quill and ink set on a wooden table. Then, I allowed the poor owl out of his cage. Scratching under his beak, he closed his eyes and drew close to me. "You finally get a taste of freedom."

"Write quickly, Bianca, before those harpies catch you," Saffron warned.

I nodded. "What are even harpies anyways?" I muttered to myself as I sat down, recalling when Julia mentioned them.

Somehow, Saffron heard me and responded, "they eat those who sneak out of their cabins at night."

My eyes widened as I began writing.

This place just gets weirder and weirder.

" 'Dear Hermione,

Well, I finally arrived here, and I kind of found myself in some sticky situations. Is it normal for Furies (some bat-like monsters) and bulls to be attacking Camp Half-Blood, a supposedly safe place? NO, OF COURSE NOT. Once I got here, everything went into chaos. Apparently, I overheard that it was all because of someone poisoning a barrier that keeps monsters out.

I'm hoping that I'll get used to this camp quickly. I really don't like it here, but maybe I need to give it some more time. I did make a few friends that I could talk to though. I miss you and the others, as well as Hogwarts. I might still prefer Hogwarts over this.