Chapter 8

In the morning, Katniss and Peeta knocked on Finnick's door.

"Go away, Boggs!" they heard him cry, a note of disgust in his voice.

"It's Katniss and Peeta," Peeta announced. "Can we come in?"

"Sure."

As they walked in, they noticed Finnick sobbing on the couch, still wearing a negligee.

"What's Boggs done this time?" Katniss asked as she sat down next to him. Do I even want to know? Finnick scowled and showed Katniss and Peeta a piece of paper that looked like a wedding invitation.

You are cordially invited to celebrate the wedding of:

Finnick Odair

And

Boggs

This Sunday, 15:00

Followed by Happy Hour

"You know, sometimes I think Boggs is alright and then I see things like this," Katniss muttered in disgust after reading the invitation.

"I can't believe he did this." Finnick moaned.

"Why didn't I get one?" Peeta asked dimly, with annoyance. Finnick and Katniss smacked him upside the head.'

"Number 1, you were in the Capitol until last night," Finnick said with exasperation. "Number 2, he just passed them out this morning, apparently. And Number 3…"

"So what's the problem?" Peeta asked blankly. "Did he misspell your name? Did he get the date or time wrong?"

"WE'RE NOT GETTING MARRIED, YOU IDIOT!" Finnick screamed at him. "You can be so dense sometimes, Mellark."

"I concur," Katniss muttered quietly, then a bit louder, "Don't you get it, Peeta? Finnick doesn't like Boggs that way."

"Well then maybe he should stop dressing like that." Peeta scowled, pointing to Finnick's negligee.

"What's wrong with how I dress or how I don't dress?" Finnick demanded angrily. "The fans like it."

"What fans?" retorted Peeta.

"Will you both shut up?" Katniss yelled. "We didn't come over here to argue. Finnick, you should get some normal clothes but that's beside the point."

"I miss Annie," Finnick confessed. "What if she's being tortured in the Capitol? I just can't believe that Annie wouldn't want to come here to be with me."

"I think she's okay," Peeta reassured him. "The last time I saw her, she was more horrified about seeing Snow naked." Suddenly, Peeta started screaming again. "Make it stop! Make it stop!"

"I guess I better tell you that Peeta is traumatized by seeing Snow naked." Katniss said sadly to Finnick, as she put her arms around Peeta to calm him down.

"Well, who wouldn't be?" agreed Finnick, shuddering. "I'd rather see Boggs naked any day."

"Your wish is my command!" a voice from the door happily exclaimed. It was Boggs, of course. And he was naked. Peeta glanced away uncomfortably, but Katniss had seen so much madness since being here that nothing fazed her anymore. Just roll your eyes and sigh, she told herself.

"Get out!" Finnick screamed at him. "I don't love you and never will!"

"Please don't say that!" Boggs begged. "I'm sorry about those wedding invitations. I sometimes let fantasy get mixed up with reality."

Finnick grew quiet for a moment, pondering this. "Perhaps...if Annie was brought back here just for her own safety of course, maybe, just maybe I'd be willing to "reprogram your Holo". He said with a suggestive smile.