Chapter 3

"I'm sorry, Katniss. President Snow specifically wanted you to wear this for the interview," Cinna said softly. It was a wedding dress. Katniss and Peeta were supposed to be pretending to be engaged.

Katniss frowned. "Have you seen Haymitch, Cinna?" she asked. "We haven't seen him since we got off the train."

"I haven't seen him either." Cinna replied as Katniss looked at herself in the mirror. "I've made some alterations. Make sure you twirl for Caesar. If he doesn't ask you, suggest it at the end of the interview."

"So, Johanna, I bet you never thought you'd be going back in the arena," Caesar Flickerman said to Johanna Mason, the District 7 Victor. "How do you feel about it?"

"It blows. Anymore mind boggling questions, idiot?." Johanna replied, angrily. She was wearing a "Bitch, I'm a Bad Ass And I Know It" t-shirt and an extremely short skirt.

"It's got to be illegal or something," Finnick Odair cut in, the District 4 Victor who was wearing an "I'm Sexy and I Know It" t-shirt and nothing else for the interview. He picked up a tiny compact mirror beside him and kissed himself.

"Can't we stop this somehow?" whimpered Beetee , District 3 Victor, who was wearing a t-shirt with the word "Neeerd!" running across it.

The other prep teams really suck, thought Katniss. And where the hell is Haymitch?

"How do you feel about it, Peeta?"Caesar turned to him.

"It's so unfair because Katniss is pregnant!" Peeta shouted, then wiped a tear from his eye. The Capitol audience gasped. Katniss rolled her eyes. He was so melodramatic.

"Stop!"cried a voice behind them. All the tributes and Caesar turned around. It was Haymitch.

"Katniss, get up and twirl for Caesar and the audience!" he panted. Confused, but figuring she would just roll with it, Katniss stood up and twirled around. The audience and Caesar gasped. Cinna did as well. As Katniss twirled, everyone could make out letters that spelled "BOOZE FOREVER".

"I didn't do that." Cinna said flatly.

"THEY WILL NOT TAKE OUR ALCOHOL AWAY FROM US!" screeched Haymitch.

Finnick glared at the audience. "Hello? Naked man from the waist down?"

Johanna punched Beetee. "Stupid nerd!"

The audience was still fixated on Katniss and Haymitch.

"Why me?" Katniss moaned.

"Attention whore," Johanna and Finnick both muttered as they glared at Katniss.

"You ruined my dress!" Cinna screamed at Haymitch, as he ran up to him and punched him in the face.

Haymitch was then dragged off the stage by Plutarch Heavensbee and…Boggs.

"Wait. ..you're not supposed to show up until the third book!" Katniss yelled to Boggs. He just smiled at Katniss, but his eyes fixated on Finnick.

"Come on!" hissed Plutarch as he dragged Boggs away by the arm. Boggs stared dreamily at Finnick, as Plutarch rolled his eyes and lightly punched Boggs in the arm.

Katniss turned back to Caesar. "Can I just die now?"