Killer world

Although he has gone, we will always be together, and his spirit will live on in each one of us forever.
                  ~Ilona Blade

Matthew followed the long trail of blood. He knew something bad was welcoming him. But being occupied by curiosity, he decided to go for a hunt.

He was led to the door of a lift. His instincts urged him to press the lift button to the rooftop. He wanted to check the water tank after he smelled an unusual odour from the tap water.

He walked towards the water tank step by step. There was a weird aura at the rooftop, which made him feel uneasy from head to toe.

Suddenly, there was a hand placed on his shoulder, without hesitation he twisted that hand with all his might.

He ended up getting punched in the face.

Oh great, Elison the karate fighter.

Matthew has completely lost his pride and egoness, being defeated by a girl was way too embarrassing.

He thanked God that no one was around.

"Can  you be more gentle?" Matthew said with a frown.

Bruises covered Matthew's handsome face, which made him looked so pitiful.

Elison smirked. She just couldn't stop laughing. Matthew was just too cute, especially when he frowns. To be honest, Elison thinks that he looked like a teddy bear. Elison  looked away quickly when Matthew realised she was staring at him.

"By the way, what are you doing at the rooftop?"Elison asked, trying to break the silence.

Ignored.

Matthew walked towards the water tank. His face turned as pale as paper at the moment he looked into the water tank.

There was a hint of sadness and despair shown in his face.

"What's wrong?"Elison looked into the water tank. She couldn't believe her eyes. A person was stabbed with a knife at the chest. His nose was pierced into two, half naked. His skin was torn, revealing the two sides of his rib cage. There were bruises all over his body.

Tortured to death.

That's when they realised, the person in the water tank, was their classmate, Dane Washington.

They kept silent for a few minutes. Trying to process what  they had seen.

"We have to find our teacher."Matthew said sternly.

Elison nodded.

It was evening. Most of the students and teachers were not around. We addressed the hushed staffroom, hoping to find any teachers was still around.

Finally, we saw a familiar man figure sitting in the staffroom.

It was Mr.Gray, our maths teacher.
**
Abigail was busy studying for her Chemistry exam and had muted her phone for days.

Yes, when it comes to exams, Abigail would be in total isolation, losing contact with the outside world. It was absolutely not a fun thing to play provocation with Abigail especially when exam is around the corner.

She decided to flip through her phone just in case there were any important news.

She clicked into Whatsapp , the name Dane Washington popped out in the first notifications.