School life

They never knew that a man with black coat was watching them behind the door all the time.

The man walked into the room, the sound of his footsteps echoed as his ladder shoes tapped on the surface of the shiny tiles.

A sly grin was hanging on his face as he took out a small chirp from the computer.

The man kept the chirp in his pocket . Black smoke appeared and he vanished in thin air in just a second.

Is he a mortal or a ghost?
Nobody knows.

**
"What do we have for breakfast?"Kendrick asked.
He was a foodie lover, he could eat twice the portion of our food. But he was still so fit and muscular as he always go to the gym and trained his abs. He was quite disciplined and consistent in his training. Well, he said abs can attract girl's attention, but I don't feel a single tiny bit attracted to his abs.

" We have......"Abigail dragged her words to fill us with anticipation,"white rice with tomato sauce!"

"What the heck you had just said?" Atlas asked.

"Nah guys, just kidding. I'm not that cruel towards my children."
Abigail was treated as our "mother", as she was the most matured among us.

We felt boosted after eating Abigail's homemade spaghetti.

Greenland school is the best school in the universe. Students are allowed to wear any formal clothing to school, freedom to bring electronic gadgets.
It is an international school and consist about 10000 students from different races and countries.

The facilities were absolutely perfect. All the classrooms were  fully air-conditioned and each student owned a tablet sponsored by the school.
There were laboratory, indoor badminton courts, basketball courts, tennis courts, swimming pools, gyms, entertainment spaces, libraries,
washrooms with heater.........

The facilities were available for each block so that it would be more convenient. Our school compound was quite big and new student would get lost without a map. Signboards and maps were everywhere as a guide for the students.

We did not need any stationery as we would do homework on the tablets. We do not have to copy notes as all the teaching materials and notes were all saved in the tablets.

Teacher teach with us  screen projectors, however some teachers preferred to use books.

Each student had to put their fingerprints in order to get in the class. Lockers were opened by scanning the students identification cards.

The school was like usual, crowded with students.
I opened my locker and took out my books. I glanced at my watch,6:30a.m. School starts after 30 minutes. I decided to go for a brisk walk. I felt like sitting alone and avoiding the crowd.

The hundred year old man-made fountain stood up proud and tall in the midst of the shades of green.

The weather was cloudy today, the cold breeze brushed gently across my face. I sat on the field and closed my eyes, enjoyed being in the presence of nature. I was spirited away with all the thoughts in my mind.

I heard a finger snap, I was furious because I don't like anyone interrupting my thoughts out of a sudden. I opened my eyes and glared furiously at the person, then I realised it was Leviathan.

"What?" I asked.

"NOTHING." He spun his head away awkwardly. Leviathan is a weirdo that likes to approach people suddenly, but he is quite kind-hearted actually, he is just not good in expressing his concern towards other people.

"Want to sit?"I offered him.

"Sure"he replied.

He seemed surprised and sat down quietly beside me. Although we had no conversation at all, I felt warmness during his presence, at least I knew I was not alone. After a while, he stood up and bid me goodbye.

I watched Leviathan's dwindling form as he leaves. His heavy footsteps ruffled the grass. I sensed a solemn and heavy feeling, like there's a story deep inside the bottom of his heart and I'm determined to find out.

My sight was distracted by someone who stood there watching us, I enlarged my eyes big enough to see who was that stalker.I saw Patrice looking at us, especially at Leviathan.In her eyes,I can see a mixture of complicated feelings, hard to describe with words.She had been here all the time,watching us.The bell rang,I stood up and walked towards my classroom.
I had completely forgotten about this incident.
**
Abigail was on the way to class, Dane was walking towards her direction.Abigail turned to the back and decided to use another road because she was trying to avoid Dane as much as possible. She quickened her pace, afraid to face him.

Dane was one of Abigail's admirer who had confessed to her, but Abigail was not interested in him, she already got somebody else in her heart.

It was too late, Dane grabbed her hand and asked,"Why you didn't answer my phone call?"

Abigail lied and faked a smile on her face, "I put my phone in silent mute."

Abigail let go of his grip and quickly walked into the class. Leaving Dane behind, disappointed.
**
Additional Mathematics was just as easy as ABC for all of us.

All the students did their counting on their tablets. Science and technology had territorised educational systems.

All the questions were saved in the tablets and we did not have to bring any tools for maths, all the data and tools were saved in the tablet.

Salvardar was the fastest to finish all the 10 questions, by two minutes! New record. The previous record was 2 minutes and 29 seconds.

Hazel played cheat. She uses the note pen to find the answers. Salvardar had invented this pen for  all of us. After we underline the words or anything that we do not understand, the explainations will appear on the tablet screen, but only visible to ourselves...

"Hey, I'm so bored."Kendrick told Atlas..

Of course, 12 of us had scored 100% for this assessment again.

School has finally ended, we went to our private lockers and kept our books back.The sound in the school compound subsided as students went back home one by one.

After changing our attires in the washroom,we were prepared to head to our work-

"WHAT HAD HAPPENED TO MY LOCKER?"Atlas was startled when he opened his locker.

We all gathered at his locker curiously, hundreds of maggots were crawling and breeding in his locker.......