LITTLE THINGS

A sigh went past Kuroo's lips as he lounges on the couch, not particularly having any energy to leave the apartment and do something to past time like you currently were. He shifts onto his side so he was facing the TV that was playing some show he had no knowledge about. It was only on so it could provide some background, making it feel less lonely without you bouncing around the spacious are of the apartment.

Speaking of his downright annoying but lovable roommate, his thoughts never ceased to drift back to you. Kuroo admits it was quite troublesome at first, seeing it sometimes did hinder his thought process whenever he had to study for an exam or just in general. But he grew out of the annoyance and let the thoughts wander around his mind freely, he got used to it since you practically lived together so there was no point in trying to forget about you only to see your face daily.

Now, Kuroo Tetsurou was always the observant type, that was already a given fact since his senses, especially when it came to Volleyball can come close to being almost inhuman. He was just that good with reading people and such, whether he observes their body language, facial expressions or even with how their eyes can't seem to focus on one thing, he can pretty much guess what was on your mind.

You silently hated him for it, especially when he knows you were upset and he will not rest until you voice out your troubling thoughts to him. You admit he can be quite selfless sometimes, despite it being annoying.

Furthermore, being his usual observant nature, he came across a few different quirks of yours which he found endearing.

Quirk #1: The kitchen nook/bar was your 2nd best comfort zone.

It was already obvious from the start, he pretty much knew this was a given fact ever since he started living with you. If you weren't in your room, you'd probably be hanging at the bar with your laptop or phone in hand.

It was quite strange really. He once suggested that the couch was a lot more comfortable than the bar stool plus, he was slightly concerned that you always hunched your back whenever you sat there. But you being the stubborn and defiant soul that you are, you merely shrugged and found different ways to make yourself comfortable in the rather small bar stool, it was a good thing that it had a backrest or you would've probably started having back problems.

Now back to why it was endearing to him, there were a few factors involved with that reasoning. One, he gets to see your face whenever he was in the living room, playing away on the gaming console, whether you were just there, not talking or there and talking his head off even if you were a few meters away, he was more than glad to be in your presence. Something about the aura that surrounds you feels like home to him, scratch that, you are home to him — he mentally smacks himself for being sappy.

In addition to that, you just looked really cute perched on top of the bar stool, a little hunched over whenever you squealed and typed away on your laptop — you probably saw one of your ships on tumblr, who knows? — sometimes, scrunching your nose cutely whenever you saw something that you weren't too fond of. You were too cute for him to handle and he might even just die on the spot if you continue with your cute habits — God, Bokuto was right he was whipped, no, he is whipped.

He didn't really know if he should yell at you or fuck you for it.

Kuroo blinks, "Why am I like this?" He grumbles to himself as his hands both smack his cheeks at the same time.

He honestly felt like he was back in high school again, during those times where he was pathetically pining over his first girlfriend.

Quirk #2: Whenever you're nervous, uncomfortable or anything related to that, you had the tendency to fiddle with your fingers, bite your lower lip or rub your nose.