ROAM

For the most, it's a rare instance where [Name's] mind wanders to contemplating about life, whether it involved your family, your education or even your job at the small but busy café, more so, it was even more rare for you to think about the relationships you had with the people currently involved in your college life, more specifically, the relationship you currently have with your roommate, Kuroo.

You somehow considered that the idea of you two being inseparable was necessary as you are technically living together. It shouldn't be a big deal to you really, but something in your mind was making you question the ridiculous idea, not that you actually mind but it was actually kind of bugging you at this point.

It's not like you two had a bad relationship, it was quite the opposite really. You two get along surprisingly well, even if Kuroo did get on your nerves at most times whether you two stuck with each during your time at campus or when you two hung out, but you looked past his provocative and smart-ass nature, the reason being you also had a knack for being snarky to anyone, especially if they were forcing themselves to prod into your personal bubble. You didn't mind if it was someone that you were fairly familiar with but if it was some stranger, well, we really wouldn't want to go into full detail on what you could say and do to them.

Yourself aside, Kuroo and you had arranged an outing for just the two of you to enjoy but the catch is, you aren't suppose to let the other know what you have planned individually, aside from the breakfast, lunch and dinner arrangements. You both had thought that it was a good idea as it could increase the fun after finding out the activities in store for.

"I didn't think that we'd leave this early," Kuroo yawns as he stuffed his hands into the pockets of his coat, slightly shivering as the wind hit his face that was already pink due to the usual chilly climate, "what time is it?" he asks, glancing at you squinting down to your phone.

"Around six. We should be there in around thirty minutes by train," You look up at him, chuckling when he had groaned upon hearing the time, "The place opens around eight I think, so we can just chill in a restaurant and have breakfast while we're at it," You yawn as well, feeling a bit drowsy as you were the first to wake up, which was around four in the morning but you really couldn't help the excitement that threatened to burst out any moment, "Sound good enough for ya?" you grin up at him.

A smirk curled on his lips, head shaking at the bright aura you had even if you were slightly drowsy, "Yeah, as long as there's food I'm game," he chuckles as he pats your beanie clad head, you were practically vibrating in excitement which was a stark contrast to your usual indifference when in campus. It was kind of adorable really, seeing you so stoked about something, not that he would let you know, he'd save himself from your teasing.

Your cheeks turned pink at the widely known affectionate action and you were silently thankful that it was cold out so you can blame the weather for the sudden flush on your cheeks in case your roommate asks.

If he can make you all this embarrassed without himself feeling the same, you can do it too.

Mustering up all the courage you had inside of you, you wrap your arm around his, ignoring the yelp of surprise from your travel-buddy as your free hand held onto the spot just above his wrist, all the while smiling, eyes beaming when you spot the train station up ahead. You look up at Kuroo in mock curiosity, inwardly giggling when his face got noticeably redder from before.

"Is something the matter, Kuroo-kun?" a hum left your lips, purposely droning out the honorific just to spite him and so far it was working, judging from how his hand was now covering the lower part of his (beautiful) face as his eyes averted from yours.

"I — uh, nothing. everything's f-fine" despite being muffled, you could make out what he was saying.

You grin in triumph.