Chapter 11

Lies

3rd Pov. Amalla

Amalla opened her eyes slowly, as she felt something stir next to her. Her eyes glanced back hazily, and saw blonde curls of hair. She'd know that hair anywhere, and sat up worriedly.

"Brian?" She asked alerted and made him lay on his back. Brian moaned in pain as he grabbed her hand and sat up.

"He moans like a cop." A voice says, and Amalla pauses. Brian staring at her as he saw a red streak leak down her face.

He moved her hair from her cheek and saw the cut. He stood and attacked the person behind her. Amalla kept her back to them as Brian fell back on his ass.

"Brian, this is one of those times you need to be clear about what you say." A deeper voice speaks, and Amalla sat straighter. Dom.

Amalla turns back with her left side, and saw Dom and Vince standing behind her. She frowned, and lifted her hand to her head.

"Nod if you understand me. Nod! Sit up." Dom yells and Vince moved closer with his shotgun.

Dom looked to Amalla, and she glanced up at him. She made an unreadable expression, and looked away.

"Tell me what the hell you're doing down here." Dom says softly, as he bent down to Amalla's level. She ignored him and looked away to see Brian.

"Dom. I owe you a 10-second car. And what this is about, this is about Race Wars." Brian started and Amalla gave him a glare.

"I just went in there, and Hector is gonna be running..."

"...three Honda Civics with Spoon engines. And on top of that, he just came into Harry's..."

"...and he ordered three T66 turbos, with NOS..."

"...and a MoTeC system exhaust." Brian finished after pausing for caution.

"So, what are you saying?" Dom questioned annoyed as he spared a glance at Amalla.

"You're gonna check everybody's shit out, one garage after another?" Dom insinuates, and Brian nods slightly and glanced to Amalla.

"Yeah. Because, Dom, you know I can't lose again." Brian said, and Amalla frowned.

"He's a cop. He's a cop!" Vince yells, and gestured to Amalla.

"And she's a rat." Amalla looked at Vince, and sighed. 

Amalla pushes to slide across the concrete ground towards Vince, and punches him in the privates. Vince crouched over as she used the gun to her advantage. Her hands grabbed the handle, knocking the butt into his face, and blood poured out his nose. She swung around him and held the gun tightly against his neck, choking him. Locking her arms around the back of his head as she kicked his legs out to make him kneel.

"Amalla!" Dom shouts as a warning and she pulled tighter.

"You're only awake because he is my friend." Amalla says and gestures to Dom, she glanced up and glares at him.

"He was a friend." She corrected herself and shoved Vince to the ground. She held the shot gun up and kept it up; pointed at all of them. Dom stared at her as he continued their conversation.