Chapter 3

Chase

3rd Pov. Amalla

Amalla stood next to her brother as she listened to his conversation.
"Edwin happens to know a few things. One of the things Edwin knows is: It's not how you stand by your car... It's how you race your car." Hector speaks out, and Amalla only glances over his figure.

"You got that right." She responds, and Hector held his hand out. She chuckled and shook his hand, letting him pull her in for a hug and back. They pull away, and she catches a glimpse back to Dom's RX-7.
She frowns once her eyes catch Dom, a few women surrounding him in front of his hood. His arms draped around their waists. He spoke to them as he caught Amalla's stare.

Dom stared back at her as a 1997 Nissan 24OSX [S14], pulled in front of him. The short woman from earlier stood out, her body in a seethrough light brown mesh shirt and black skirt. She glared at Dom, stepping out to him and the women and making a strange noise to catch their attention.

"I smell skanks." She says bluntly, as Dom stares at her. Amalla smirks and continues to watch.

"Why don't you girls pack it up before I leave tread marks on your face?" She finishes, and the women step away. Dom sighs and speaks quickly.

"Letty, I was just talking." Dom retorts, Letty shook her head and said something back. Amalla walked towards him as she stared at his car only.

"You are making a terrible impression, Dominic." Amalla says his full name, and she could feel the tingles through her mouth.

"I wasn't aware I needed to make one." He speaks, and she shook her head.

"You did. But, I've come to a decision." She adds and turns to face him.

"And what's that?" He asks, and Amalla touches his shoulders and leans in to whisper in his ear.

"That you're trouble." She said, and lips hovered over his ear. He sighed lightly, and Amalla smiled to herself, pulling away and stepping back.

Dom stared after her, watching her return towards Brian as he slowly regained his mind back.

·····

"Show me how you race, buster." Amalla heard Dom say from behind them, and she turned to face Brian.

"Crap." She mutters to herself and pushes her way through the crowd.

"Brian!" She yells, but it couldn't be heard. He placed money in Hector's hand, and Dom followed suit.

"Brian!" She yelled again, and he climbed in his car and pulled up to the line.

"Brian, you're not ready. Are you willing to lose this?" Amalla speaks to him, and he looks away with slight disappointment. She leaned into his window, but someone held her back. Both cars  revved in readiness, both men gpaning to each other as a woman

A woman dropped her scarf, and they took off. Amalla walked in the road and stared as they raced down. She sighed and shook her head.

·····

Amalla held still as she heard the sound of the engines becoming closer and closer. Her eyes landed on Brian's and Dom's cars, neck, and neck. She stepped past the street line as she watched Brian.

Brian glanced forward at Dom as he glanced down at his wheel. He breathed out and pressed the little red button. NOS.

Brian shot forward, and Dom stared back at him, slightly worried. Brian watches as he sped faster and faster towards Dom's car.