Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Something big was going to happen.
At first, it was just a nagging, like something you forgot and couldn't quite remember.
But soon it turned into a feeling.
It had been two days since I'd woken up.
Two amazing, happy, almost-carefree days.
Today, though, something was slightly off. I sat up at the table, where other mutants were eating breakfast as well, and glanced over to where Dylan was trying to gracefully eat his cereal without spilling it everywhere.
He caught me looking and gave me a thumbs up, which of course sent his spoon flying, which sent milk spraying everywhere, which caused a few ticked off mutants, all in the course of about five seconds.
Oh, Dylan.
I covered my eyes to avoid the mess, laughing. I stood up and went up to the catwalk, where the huge window was. It looked over the empty parking lot, but it's the best view I was going to get, so I liked it.
I clutched qmy locket, the one given to me by the small, wise mutant girl on the train.
'Everyone has a spark. That locket holds mine. Only open it when you know it's right.' She had told me. But the words that haunted me were the last she had muttered in my mind while she was being dragged away.
'Their world will burn.'
She couldn't have been older then 6 or 7.
The girl had more fire then I did. You could tell she wanted someone to take action. So I would.
I looked at my hands and opened and closed them absently, something I had been doing of late, ever since Reid had saved me from being controlled by Feronty.
It was like I had to make sure I was in control.
"Iris." I jumped as I heard my name. I looked up.
"Will, you scared me.." I said, letting out a small breath.
"Sorry," he shrugged. He gestured to the place next to me.
"Can I sit?"
"Yeah, sure," I said, making room for him. He sat down quietly.
"I come here to think a lot," he said, looking out the window.
"I don't want this to be my view for the rest of my life," I blurted out. He looked up.
"Yeah, me either." He said. I nodded.
"So let's change it." I said. Even though I was referring to the parking lot view, we both knew there was a second meaning underlying it.
I didn't always want to be hiding.
Right then, that was all I knew.
I was just so sick, and so tired of always hiding from people. From the world. From everything, ever.
"I think it's time to go back." I looked at Will, and he looked dead serious.
"Back downstairs?" I asked weakly.
"You know exactly what I'm saying," he said, raising an eyebrow. I sighed, turning my head.
"Yes. I know." Back to the prison.
"I just think it's time we left our mark, Iris." He said. I looked down. I knew I was being selfish. I just wanted to walk away from everything, not wade back into it.
"I think it's time too."
He nodded.
"Good." He stood up.
"I'm going to talk to Dylan," he said. I let him go.
I wanted to hit something, to break something, to watch something shatter into a million pieces that could never possibly go back together.
Me and those pieces, we had something in common.
Even if someone glued the pieces back together, it would never really be the same. There would still be cracks, and a few pieces missing, broken beyond repair.
That was like me.
I was never supposed to feel and witness what I did.
It had left me scarred in a way I didn't even know existed.
I looked outside again.
The prison had changed me. Feronty had changed me. Dylan, Will. They had changed me.
I wasn't the same girl I had been.
But maybe, with a little but of luck, that would be a good thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ayyyy, I finally updated! Sorry, I've just been sooo busy! I hope you like this chapter! Please leave a comment, I read every single one you guys leave! Also, please vote and fan!

Yours,

Serelle <3