First Time Flying?

Tsuna's P.O.V 

Hiccup began to explain to me the basics of flying, how to take off and how to control the tail fin etc. I paid close and careful attention to every single detail.

"You ready to give it a try?" Hiccup asked me after finishing his whole explanation. 

"Yeah!" I couldn't hold back my excitement as I put my foot into the stirrup.

"Now, since it's your first time it's best you take it SLOW!" I didn't listen to Hiccup and shot into the air at full-speed on Toothless.

Hiccup's P.O.V. 

They started performing advanced tricks like acrobatics, bobbing and weaving around the sea stacks with such precision which left me awestruck.

'Is this what it would be like if Toothless still had his tailfin?' I wondered, still in disbelief. The both of them were so in sync like Toothless knew what Tsuna was thinking.

After flying for about half an hour, we landed back on the beach where she immediately leapt of Toothless and glomped me in a bear hug.

"Oh my gosh! Did you see me?! We were like 'whoosh!'" I couldn't hold back my mirth at her excitement.

"I know! You're a natural!" She beamed at me then whirled round to face Toothless, who was gloating to the other dragons, and Astrid, Fishlegs and Ruff who were bombarding her with questions. I smiled at the scene fondly before being yanked back to meet the frowning faces of Snotlout and Tuffnut.

"Hey Tuff, cuz what's wrong?" I said coolly, brushing Snotlout's hand off my shoulder.

"What's wrong is that you're making a move on my girl," he grabbed the front of my tunic and lifted me a few inches from the ground.

"Your girl? She's my girl!" Tuffnut proclaimed. Snotlout just rolled his eyes and shook me slightly.

"Listen, the point is that metal foot here is making his moves on her when he knew we had first dibs," he shook me harder and I started to feel a little queasy.

"What are you doing to Hiccup?" A voice inquired, which caused Snotlout to hurl me to the ground. I looked to my saviour and saw it was Tsuna with the remaining riders behind her. She looked worried I got up and put up both my hands giving a silent message that I was okay. In my opinion, she looked much smiling than frowning.

"Tsuna! We just wanted to congratulate you on your first successful flight," Snotlout nearly bellowed as he tried to play off what he did. Tuffnut soon followed.

"Yeah, you were so amazing!" She didn't look impressed neither did the other riders. Astrid decided to call out on their lie.

"Oh really? Then why were you shaking Hiccup so much that his lunch was coming up from his stomach?" They had no idea how to respond so stayed silent, occasionally sneaking glances at one another to see if the other had a plan.

"That's what I thought," she smirked.

"Thanks," I say, grateful.

"Don't thank us, thank Toothless. We would have never noticed what was going if it wasn't for him," I looked at Toothless who was cooing with those big eyes. I held his face and praised him.

"Thanks for having my back, bud," in response he began to lick my face. I tried to shove him away but it was fruitless.

"Urgh! Toothless you know that doesn't wash out!" I could hear the others bursting out laughing at my misfortune. Eventually, Toothless stopped and I said, "Well now that we've finished the tour lets head back to the village."

Tsuna's P.O.V

Once we landed I was jumping for joy and glomped Hiccup who complimented me. I beamed at him and whirled round to speak to the others. I was bombarded with praises and questions from Fishlegs, Astrid and Ruffnut.

"You were incredible! It was like you and Toothless were one!" Fishlegs exclaimed, clearly excited at the display of speed.

"I have to admit that it was a sight to behold," Astrid said.

"You're a better rider than Hiccup," Ruffnut tells while slapping my shoulder.

I was about to reply when all of a sudden Toothless started growling. Shocked, I asked him what was wrong but there was no indication that he heard me. I heard Hookfang and Barf and Belch say, "Stupid rider," so I turned around to see Snotlout roughly shaking Hiccup who was turning green.

I rushed over and said, "What are you doing to Hiccup?" Snotlout threw Hiccup to the ground and proceeded to make excuses along with Tuffnut, but I wasn't paying attention to them. I was more focused on Hiccup I knew he could see the worry reflected in my eyes so when he stood up he put up both his hands in a silent gesture to tell he was okay. I was relieved and there was a warm, fuzzy feeling in my chest.

I watched the rest of the scene play before butting in and saying, "Don't thank us, thank Toothless. We would have never noticed what was going if it wasn't for him," Hiccup faced towards Toothless and thanked him.

"Thanks for having my back, bud," in response Toothless thought it would be fine to slobber up Hiccup's face. He tried to push Toothless off but his scrawny arms were no match for a dragon's strength.

"Urgh! Toothless you know that doesn't wash out!" We all laughed at his misfortune. Toothless stopped, allowing Hiccup to speak, "Well now that we've finished the tour lets head back to the village," he mounted Toothless and I got on after him. As my arms were wrapped back around his waist, the warm, fuzzy feeling in my chest grew stronger and I could feel my hands go clammy.

'What's happening to me?' I wondered, 'why do I feel like this around Hiccup?'