One

"Luna Rose Baker, your bag better be packed by the time I make it up to your room!" Luna's mother Linda yelled up the stairs making her daughter chuckle and set her phone down after replying to Luke.

    "I'm almost done mum!" Luna began packing away a few more pairs of shorts as she hummed along to her favorite song. Once her duffle was zipped up, she grabbed her pillow just as her mum knocked on the door.

     "Come in!"

      "Luna Rose - oh you're actually ready. . ." Linda giggled softly as she took the pillow from her daughter so she could grab her phone off the bed.

      "I told you that I was almost ready mum."

      "I know, but you usually drag your feet when it comes to packing. I take it you're excited to be spending time with the Hemmings?"

       "I am, but you know I'm going to miss you and dad. I hope you both have a great trip."

       "We will, but don't worry we'll be back soon. After all it's just for a week. I'll be sure to check in with you everyday, and when you inevitably stop answering. . .I'll call Liz." Linda began to laugh as her daughter rolled her eyes at her mother.

       "Okay, I know I get distracted sometimes, but I always get back to you." Luna began grumbling as they made their way down the stairs. Linda just laughed for a minute before they reached the bottom of the stairs. There was a loud crash from the kitchen, and her dad was soon yelling,

       "Everything is okay!" Her mother sighed as she made her way to the kitchen. Luna sat her duffle bag down by the door before joining her parents. Opening the door her eyes fell onto the floor where her father had dropped a casserole dish.

      "James, what happened?"

      "Well, you see, I was trying to get something from the cabinet, and uh, I slipped." Her father looked sheepish as he grabbed the broom and dustpan. The doorbell rang before her mother had a chance to say anything.

      "I'll get it, be careful with the glass dad." He saluted as he began sweeping. The doorbell rang again as she left the kitchen. The doorbell kept dinging over and over causing her to smile. The only person annoying enough to do that would be her best friend.

      "I'm coming my dear Lucas!" Luna flung the door open to find Luke calmly whistling and looking around. Laughing she jumped at Luke in an attempt to tackle him. He kept getting taller and it just wasn't fair.

      "Ah! Luna what the heck? You can't just jump a man!" They fell to the ground in a heap. Looking down at her best friend she spoke,

       "Oh please, there's no man out here. Just you and me, silly Lucas." Luke's nose scrunched up in distaste.

      "Lu, how many times do I have to tell you not to call me Lucas?"

      "Come on, it isn't that bad."

      "It makes me feel like I'm in trouble, almost like when mum is angry." He gave a small shudder at the thought of his mother being angry. Luna didn't blame him, Liz was a force to be reckoned with when she was angry. Crawling off her friend before helping him up.

      "Geez Hemmings, how lanky are you going to get?"

      "You know I come from a family of giants, it's not my fault you're a gnome." She narrowed her eyes slightly before dragging the boy inside.

     "Come on, we've got to wait a few moments, dad shattered a casserole dish."

    "How did he break the dish?"