Nineteen

The conversation with Liz was a little awkward, but the boys stuck close to Luna. To say Liz was angry was quite the understatement of the century. She wrapped Luna in her arms, grumbling about speaking with Lane's parents. When she was released Luna twisted her hands together.

"I'm sorry, Liz."

"Sorry? Lu, you didn't do anything wrong."

Luna sighed softly as she nodded, she wasn't entirely sure why she was feeling this way. It was silent for a few moments when Andy walked in the front door.

"Hello, hello everyone." The kids all waved as Liz stood, adjusting her clothes.

"Oh good, you're home. Listen, kids, why don't you lot go upstairs while I get dinner ready."

The boys began making their way immediately, while Luna trudged behind slightly. Halfway to the top of the stairs Michael looked back to make sure she was there. He held out his hand for her to take, which she did after a moments hesitation. She was led into Luke's room, where the boys were setting up their instruments and camera.

"How about we play you a song? Sound good?"

Luna nodded as she settled into her spot behind the camera. Luke gave her a thumbs up and she hit the record button.

"Hi guys, we're here with yet another cover, but first we just wanted to take a moment to say thanks to you guys. We really appreciate the support we've been getting from you." Luke chuckled a little as he readjusted his guitar.

"We love you!!" Mikey couldn't resist shouting and throwing up his hands in the shape of a heart enthusiastically as Luke finished.

"We really do! Now, this is Teenage Dream by Katy Perry." Ashton counted the boys in and they began singing. It took everything Luna had not to sink into Luke's bed, and just be comfortable. She couldn't get enough of her friends performing, for both her and their small following that they had amassed already.

Halfway through the song she felt eyes trained on her, she glanced over to find Michael gazing at her. He was grinning softly as he sang the harmonies, still strumming his guitar perfectly. For a few bars the two simply stared at each other, neither wanting to break contact. Luna, however, remembered that there were three other people in the room and she turned her gaze to the camera. She waited as they neared the end of the song, and when Luke gave her a subtle nod, she pressed stop.

"That was really good you guys." She beamed at her friends as they began packing up.

"I wonder what everyone is going to think of this one. Luna, any comments on the song choice?"

"It's a little different, but you guys did great with it." Luna began plugging the camera into Luke's computer.

"Here Lu, I'll do that later."

"Okay." Moving to the bed, she flopped down and curled into Luke's comforter. She heard laughter from the boys, but she simply ignored them. Luna was warm and safe, and soon she was asleep.

"Hey Red, it's time to wake up. Liz has dinner ready." Ashton's voice called to her softly as he tugged the blanket away from her face. Luna scrunched her nose slightly causing his mouth to twitch upwards. She mumbled unintelligibly as he poked her cheek.

"C'mon Lu, it's time to come out of your cocoon and eat." Luna cracked an eye open to peer up at her friend, finally.

"Food can wait, I'm too warm." She attempted to burrow deeper into the blanket, but Ash seized the moment to yank on the end causing her shelter to unravel. As she sat up and glared at him, he simply giggled.