Jamie Warren(A Seamus Finnigan Love Story)(Secrets of my Own)(Ch.41)

We returned back at the beginning of the maze. I took me a few seconds to comprehend that where we had come from really happened. I met Harry’s gaze for a fraction, he was crying, then I looked down at Cedric who I had landed on. I rolled away from the two men and only when someone touched my shoulder did the noise of the crowd reach my consciousness.  I cringed when someone to my left screamed and then the crowd fell silent. Murmurs could be heard, but nothing was loud enough to drown out Harry’s words telling Dumbledore that Voldemort was back. I wish I never would have heard those words, it would make what I had just heard less believable.

“Jamison? Jamison, are you okay?” I heard someone say as they pulled on my sleeve, I looked up into McGonagall’s concerned face. She helps me as I struggled to my feet from my shaking legs. “Mister Finnigan, please take Miss Warren to the castle.” She says to Seamus as he approaches us.

“No,” I retort, straining in Seamus’ grasp, “Harry and Cedric, they need me.”

“Jamie there’s nothing you can do now. Come on.” Seamus said to me and I let him take me away from the scene.

We made it half way to the school in silence before the crowds of students surrounded us. Most students were in a panic so we weren’t bothered until Alex, Sarah, Eithan and Matt caught up to us. Alex was the first to us and grabbed my shoulders turning me to face him, “Jamie, what happened?” he demanded then shook me roughly when I didn’t answer right away. I shook my head from side to side; I didn’t want to say it out loud that would make it too real.

“Jamie, please tell us?” Sarah said gently, putting her hand on my shoulder.

“I just want to be alone right now.” I cried and hurried away to my dorm as they called out after me but I ignored them, like I said I needed to be alone to figure some things out.

I avoided people in the common room as I made my way to my dorm and I locked the door behind me, no one had gone to bed yet, too much action had happened. I pulled out the letter I had shoved in my pocket, along with the stone. I read the letter over twice, three times. Had she been there my mother, in the house? Had she been killed by Voldemort before I had arrived? Was she really excited to see me? Would we meet again? How? It had taken forever to set up this meeting but we had missed our chance. How long would it take this time? I took the stone in my hand it was blue with brown veins, for the lack of a better term, running through it. I gently rubbed my fingers over the smooth surface, there was something familiar about the shape.

I tears began to slide down my face, there were more questions aroused then were answered tonight. Not only about my mother but about Voldemort as well. Was that really him or was my imagination playing tricks on me?

After about an hour into my pondering there was a knock on the door. “Jamie, it’s Penelope. Can I come in?” I didn’t answer but she continued speaking. “Professor Flitwick said Professor McGonagall said Professor Dumbledore wanted to see you in his office.

“I’ll be out in a little bit.” I replied this time trying to sound like I hadn’t been crying. I wiped my tears away and took a couple of breaths before putting the letter and stone away in my night table drawer and making my way down to Professor Dumbledore’s office.

I entered and I saw Dumbledore at his desk, McGonagall was off to the side, Harry was sitting in front of Dumbledore’s desk in a chair with Sirius’ hand on his shoulder, who was kneeling beside Harry. When I walked into the room everyone’s attention turned to me, except for Harry’s. “Miss Warren,” Dumbledore acknowledged me and I had to bit my lips to stop a sob from escaping. Seeing my father brought on the guilt of disobeying him, seeing Harry brought back the recent memories of the graveyard, those of Voldemort and Cedric in particular.

“Jamie,” Sirius said almost a whisper as he stood up and quickly striding towards me and embracing me in a strong, supporting hug. I couldn’t hold it in any longer the tears began streaming down again and I let out a few sobs. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you.” I cried.

“Jamie,” He said my name in a calming voice, “Jamie, why are you sorry?” my father asked pulling away a bit but cupping my face in his hands.

“Because, because I went...I went to go see my mother and you told me not to.” I whimpered, I felt Sirius freeze then tense up, the whole room was quiet as they waited for me to go on or for my fathers reaction.

“I need to meet her,” I choked out.

“Oh Jamie,” He murmured before pulling me back towards him.

We stayed like this for a few minutes until Dumbledore interrupted us. “Sirius we have business to attend to.”

“Of course,” Sirius replied leading me to the other chair by Dumbledore’s desk, he moved it closer to Harry then sat me down. I held out my hand to Harry which he took and I gave it a small squeeze to let him know I was with him.

“Jamie, Harry already told us what happened in the graveyard, but nothing in his story explains how you ended up there. Do you mind telling us you’re part?” Dumbledore inquired.

I shook my head, “I’d been planning to go see my mother for months, we didn’t have a set date till last night.” I told them in a shaky voice.

“Who’s we?” Harry asked I looked at him confused, “You said ‘we’ as in more than one person was with you.”

I understood their but I felt guilty giving Alex and Sam’s names away. I stood up and took a few steps away from them towards the windows before turning back to face them. “Alex and Sam helped me. I met Alex last summer and Sam, he’s my cousin.” I explained for everyone who didn’t know

Sirius stood alert at this information, “Sam? As in Samuel Jessy’s son? How did you figure this out?” He demanded.

“Jessy and Sam came to me at St.Mungo’s with a letter from my mother. They promised they would help us reunite. You have to understand how tempting that was.” I begged for him to see reason with me for once. He looked away from me disappointed. “So as soon as Harry and the others went into the maze, I slipped away and met up with Alex and Sam. They brought me to a portkey which brought me to the house beside the graveyard. My mother, she wasn’t there.” I said deciding not to mention the letter and stone. “Then I saw a flash of light from the window, I went down to investigate and I guess that was when I saw Harry. I don’t remember much after that it all happened so fast.” I choked out, I was a bit of a lie and I don’t know the real reason why I lied, if I really was too distraught to say it out loud or something else deep down inside me told me not to for another reason.

“You don’t remember what happened when you got to the graveyard?” McGonagall asked from where she was standing sounding almost shocked that I didn’t remember. I looked at her and shook my head.

I felt my stomach tighten in knots, this secret my just end up getting me into big trouble, but something told me to hold my tongue on the matter, “No I don’t remember a thing.” I said looking at Harry who held my gaze. Did he know I was lying? Him, if anyone in this room would know, no one else knew me well enough. But he didn’t question my statement and for the moment I could rest easy.

****

A/N: Hey audience! I guess I owe you a very sincere apology for not uploading and most, if not all of you probably don't want to here excuses but for those of you who do and haven't read my profile status or my comment(s) on the last chapter here they are: from december-beginning of february studying for exams and trying to get my marks for school up. At the end of january I had a friend who I hadn't talked to in three years commit suicide and to tell you the truth I didn't do any writting for close to two months, I focused on playing rugby because when I play I forget about what happened even if it's just for a couple of hours a day. Then this past month has been busy with rugby and tryouts for the school basketball team. And when I was writting it was hard, I think i did two or three harry potter movie marathons to get this out :P Well I think that may be mostly it there may be a couple other traumatizing things that have happened in my life since the last time I post but nothing I can recall. Sorry for the rant and I hope none of you's hold it against me and enjoy the chapter and all the chapters to come and thanks to all my dedicated readers!!