Jamie Warren(A Seamus Finnigan Love Story)(Back To Normal)(Ch.35)

I didn’t wait too much longer after that to go to bed myself although I barely slept at all. I slept badly enough to be down in the great hall before anyone else, the tables hadn’t even been set back. I’d brought down my presents that people had left on my bed, some were Christmas presents and the rest were get well presents and letters from people who hadn’t come to visit me in the hospital.

Seamus had given me a silver ring that had “Always and forever” engraved onto a pendant.

Once again I felt bad that I hadn’t gotten him anything more, oh well I guess I’m going to have to give him an extra kiss today. Finally I opened the last gift as eagerly as the first one. It was a letter from Alex,

I ripped it open and quickly scanned over the eight words; Your gift is down at your friend Hagrid’s. I rack my brains trying to think of what it could be, no luck.

I piled all my stuff up then brought it up to my dorm while I bundled up in my coat, scarf, mitts and boots for my excursion down to Hagrid’s hut.

“What are you going?” asked a small voice behind me.

I turned around to see Hannah. “Hey Hannah, I’m just going down to Hagrid’s hut. Want to come?” I asked.

“Sure!” She said enthusiastically, she ran back up to her dorm only returning after she was bundled up as much as I was. We skipped down to the entrance hall singing Christmas carols all the while, even though it was Christmas any more. We were just about to step outside when I heard someone calling me and Hannah pulled me back inside.

“Jamie!” It was Seamus.

“Seamus!” I called back to him a little concerned.

“Where are you going?” He demanded not realizing his forcefulness.

My forehead wrinkled in anger but I got rid of it before he noticed, “I’m going to down to Hagrid’s with Hannah. You can come if you want.” I offered.

“Nah, don’t worry about it. Meet me in the library when you’re done?” He asked.

“Okay, I’ll see you then. And I love the ring by the way.” I smile and kissed him on the cheek then holding up my hand to show him.

He smiled then turned away heading to the great hall. I watched him go and didn’t realize I was staring at the place I’d seen him last until I felt Hannah pulling on my coat. I looked down on her, “Why don’t you just marry each other already.” She teased, I pushed her hat over her eyes while spinning her around and pushing her out the door.

Once at Hagrid’s I pounded my fist on the door, “Hagrid it’s me, Jamie.” But no one answered and Fang didn’t bark either. “Come on.” I said to Hannah and walked back down the front steps and walk around the house through the snow to the garden. “Hagrid!” I greeted when I saw the half-giant bent over in the snow.

He looked over his shoulder, “Jamie, I was told you’d be showing up sometime soon.” He replied as Fang came galloping through the snow toward Hannah and me. I put up my hands to make him stop but he didn’t he ran me right over, gave me a slobbery lick and then jumped over me to get to Hannah. I had just recovered from having Fang plough me over when I was bowled over again this time by something smaller. When I looked up into adorable brown eyes I had a guess to who this dog was. I push the dog off and stood up to study it better.

“Tucker,”I cried embracing the puppy Alex’s uncle had given me. I’d left him at back in Liverpool and had pretty much forgotten about him. I knelt back down and hugged my puppy.

“Is he yours?” Hannah Exclaimed.

“Yeah, this is Tucker and...old friend gave him to me.” I told her.

“Awe he’s so cute, what’s his name?” She asked in her baby voice.

“Tucker.”

“It told your friend, yah could keep ‘em here while you’re in school.” Hagrid let me know.

“Thanks, Hagrid. I owe you a bunch.” I thanked him.

“Aw, it’s nothing.” He said modestly. “It’s good to see you back and well Jamie. The whole school just seems different without you.” I hid my blushing by continuing to pet Tucker.

“Anyways I have to get back to work. Looks like I’ll be seeing you around a lot more Jamie and you’re little friend there is welcome too.” Hagrid said and that’s when I realized neither of them had met.

“Oh Hagrid this is Hannah, she’s a first year I met at the beginning of the year.” I introduced, they both shook hands then we were on our way back up to the castle.

“Hannah, we’ve been looking everywhere for you. We thought Malfoy had cursed you or something.” One of Hannah’s little friends hollered running up to us. “Good thing you’re with Jamie, she could whip anyone’s arse.”

I looked at Hannah perplexed she shrugged, “I might have told them you kick four death eater’s butts with one spell.”

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, “Go on and do whatever it is that first years do. I’m going to find Seamus.”

I found Seamus in the library reading a book. “What are you reading?” I asked curiously snatching the book from his hands.

“Hey,” He cried scrambling to get the book back unsuccessfully as I held it out of his reach.

“Uh-huh, I’m going to have to get something if you want this book back.” I teased.

He shook his head and smiled, “Come here.” He said pulling me closer, our lips locked together.

I didn’t really realize what we were doing until I heard a familiar yet unwanted voice say, “O gross, stop sucking face in public, some people just ate you know.”

“If you don’t like it Malfoy, then don’t watch.” I told him stopping my make out sessions with Seamus only for a moment.

“Get a room.” Crabbe grumbled, I flipped them off and I saw from the corner of my eye that Seamus did too and I heard them ambled of. Once they were gone I couldn’t help but stop kissing Seamus and start laughing uncontrollably. Seamus started laughing too and started to lean the chair back, it caught us both by surprise when we fell back onto the ground and it only made us laugh more.

“Come on we’d better get out of here before Mme. Pince comes.” He said as he helped me up.

We gathered a few people then got permission to go down to Hogsmeade for the day, mostly to catch up with me and what had been happening the past month and almost a half. We also shared funny stories and played some games of exploding snap. I’d almost forgotten how much normal friends could be after months of dealing with Alex and a month of only the company of Molly and on the occasion Arthur.

Dean had just told us a funny joke about Mad-eye Moody and we were all splitting our side with laughter when the bell above the door rang and Harry, Ron and Hermione came in. Hermione seem to be ushering them forward and looking for someone at the same time, when her eyes landed on me she pushed the boys in my direction. The saw me too, but only Harry gave me those eyes  you give someone when you’re saying sorry without words, I gave them right back to him and Ron then Ron joined in to.

“I’ll be right back,” I told them.

“Okay you want me to order you another butter beer?” Seamus asked.

“Yes please,” I answered smiling sweetly then turned back to Harry and Ron.

We met half way and I gave each of them a forgiving hug, “why don’t you come join us, we can pull up another table.” I suggested, they all agreed and they joined in our laughter and fun. Looked around at all my friends and my friends’ friends, they were all smiling and it made me happy inside, finally things were going back to normal.