Chapter 4: Calls

Mark's p.o.v (4 days before chapter 3)

"I don't care about the cure for the commen cold right now."

I told my assistant as i passed her back the file. she nodded as she grabbed it from me. she left the room and i turned back to my computer when a email came up. i opened it up and began reading it.

"dear alpha mark,

hello mark. its sage, the power pack alpha. i have a illness spreading throughout my pack and i dont know what to do. it just began yesterday when a she wolf around the age of 26 went to the pack doctor. the doctor looked her over and checked all his books, medical records, and even went into the medical archives on the computer. he came up with no luck and sent the girl to quarantine. while in quarantine she got worse and worse within the day. the next day her mate went in to see her and she killed him. within the next two hours she had passes away. from there her family got sick, her two kids got sick and passed the illness onto their friends. their friends passed it onto their family and they got sick. the illness spread to over 5 families before i had my guards put on protective gear and go collect them. that was two days ago, right now only 5 people are still breathing. when we first brought them all to quarantine we had 38 people. i need your medical aid in this as i dont know what to do. 

i am loosing youth. strong and healthy youth to this unknown illness. i ask for your aid in saving my pack from within its walls. from within our own bodies. please help us alpha mark.

alpha sage."

i read and as soon as i finished i immediately pulled out the phone. you know something is serious when  alpha sage uses please.

"i want all doctors, scientists, bioenginerests,  and forensic professionals to come to my office immediately."

i call into the audio system that runs throughout the entire building. you see, in my pack we have lots of huge buildings and tall skyscrapers. people often confuse us with the loyalty pack as we are the only packs who operate in giant cities. my pack is the smartest pack, hint our name, the intelligence pack. we have the latest tech, best doctors, and smartest people. not everyone in my pack lives in luxury. 

some people struggle to get by. we have drug dealers in the dark ally ways, thieves who break into easy houses, and those who will riot about my choices. those people are the people who wouldnt even be able to survive without some of my choices. i chose to build a school in the urban areas so people could have a chance to make it into luxury. i chose to build a hospital so no one would be sick. i told them to construct sevral houses so no one would live in the dirt. there ungratefulness is like a child rebelling to his parents.

a knock at my door pulled me out of my thoughts and i sat up straighter.

"come in."

i speak loud and clear. my door opens and in walks my 10 best doctors, 12 best and head scientists, 5 head bio-engineers, and 7 forensic leaders. 

"its good you came. i have been reached out to by alpha sage. he has a illness that hes never seen before. he has 5 people in quarantine but as of two days ago he had 38. this illness spreads fast and is very leathal. so far no one has been found naturally immune. it is up to us and our teams to figure out the cause, symptoms, and how it spreads before anymore packs get infected. until then we cant be too careful. i want all of us in hazmat suits and gas masks. we are to boil all water and clean any and all food with the boiled water. we will use my privet cars for transport and any guards will be decontaminated. we should all do the same."

i tell them and they nod. 

"we will all be decontaminated then we will all head under my house using the tunnel system i installed a few years ago. once under my house we will make our way to my underground bunker. meet up there then ill lead you to the stash of cars."

i order them and they nod. they all leave the room and i sit back in my chair. i try to relax but i just seem to not be able to. my phone rings and i immediately pick it up.

"alpha mark."

i speak into it as i sit back in my chair.

"alpha mark, its kaden. so i was in a pack meeting when a man yelled out in pain. i had luke take raven and maddison out of the room while i dealt with this. the man began sweating and he soon began to thrash around on the floor. his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he began a stroke. my packs doctor came up and tried to help him. she succeeded but later that night the same man killed his mate. 

he then made his way to the pack house and somehow managed to get up to mine and ravens room. i smelled him as he bardged through the door. this man had blisters all over his skin, he was sweating a lot, and he was holding his head. 

i shot up out of bed and shifted into my wolf. my wolf told me attack and kill this guy, so i did. well after that raven was awake and maddison was scared. raven and i stayed with maddison that night while they disposed of the body."

alpha kaden told me and i grew confused.

"why are you telling me this?"

i asked him and thats when i heard him sigh.

"because the doctor, the mans kids, and those that disposed of his body are now all dead. i am still confused as to how myself or raven are not dead yet. i got his blood in my mouth so i should have died, right?"

he told me and i ran a hand through my hair.

"kaden i want you and your family to get out gas masks and hazmat suits. get the same for you beta and his family along with other people you hold dear. with that i want you to come to my pack. put your back on quarantine until i say otherwise."

i tell him and i get no reply because the line goes dead.  I put the phone up and leave my office to get to the decontamination room at my house.