Chapter 5

"I- I'm bisexual."

Dan was, of course, surprised, but he had already expected that Phil was some form of homosexual.

"Okay," Dan said indifferently.

"Okay?" Phil asked, appalled. "You have no other reaction?"

"It's not that I have no other reaction, it's just that I don't care." Dan winced as the words left his mouth, knowing it was terrible phrasing for what he was trying to convey.

"You don't care? I just told you one of the biggest secrets of who I am, and you don't care?" Phil was clearly becoming confused by this point. "I thought you would be okay with it since the LGBT idea for the project was yours-"

"What I meant," Dan cut Phil off, "is that I don't care because it won't change anything."

"Oh," Phil sighed in relief. "I was beginning to think you might be homophobic or something."

"Pfft," Dan said as he looked into Phil's mesmerizing blue, green, an yellow eyes. "Of course not. Especially because I'm gay."

Phil smiled widely and hugged Dan. Dan closed his eyes and breathed in Phil's scent. Cinnamon and vanilla.

"Dan," Phil whispers into Dan's shoulder. "I told you because I wanted you to be the first to know. I want to come out to my family at dinner tonight."

"I'll obviously support you no matter what. Are you sure you don't want to wait so you can do it while I'm not here?" Dan didn't want to intrude on a time that was so important to Phil.

"No, I want to do it now and I want you to be here for it. There's no one I would rather have with me," Phil assured Dan.

"Boys, dinner!" Mrs. Lester called once more.

"Coming," Phil called back.

They walked down the stairs in silence, both wondering what would happen if Phil told his parents. He may not have even gone through with it.

Halfway through the dinner, Phil looked at Dan with wide eyes. Dan nodded supportively and smiled. Dan grabbed Phil's hand and squeezed reassuringly.

Phil cleared his throat and all attention turned to him. "So, um, I need to tell you all something."

"Okay, go for it," Phil's brother, Martin said while picking up another potato with his fork.

Phil gripped Dan's hand tightly, strangling it, but Dan didn't mind; he was more that happy to lend any support he could. He knew how hard it was to come out.

"I'm, um, I'm bisexual."

Martin choked on the potato he was eating. Phil's mother smiled at him. "Oh, honey, I already knew something was up," she said.

"Wow," Phil muttered. "I was doing a bang-up job of hiding it."

Dan laughed and looked at Phil proudly. "I'm happy for you," he said and squeezed Phil's hand again.

Phil smiled. "Thanks, Danny."

"I had no idea!" Martin said. "But that's so cool. What does boosensual mean, again?"

Phil laughed. "Bisexual, Martin. It means I like girls and boys."

"Oh. Okay." Martin shoveled more food into his mouth as if nothing had even happened.

Dan and Phil smiled at each other once more as they finished dinner, their hands intertwined under the table the whole time.

Word count: 531
Yay! Congrats Phil! I wonder what could possibly happen next...