Chapter 9

"And Altaria is unable to battle. Luxray is the winner, and Clemont Prost of your hometown Lumiose City Gym advances to the next round," the crowd cheered once more as Clemont pushed his glasses back up his nose and returned Luxray. "That concludes our first round of the tournament and today's content. We will be back tomorrow morning with the draw for the last 64 and the start of the second round."

Next morning, the group met in the hotel reception and all again headed to the stadium. The newly formed couple walked next to each other at the back, but didn't hold hands, only linking a couple of fingers slightly. Dawn and Gary led the group, talking about the two at the back quietly, Dawn secretly squealing in delight at the fact of the two being together finally. The others, which now included Red, just spoke amongst each other.

As they arrived, everyone except Dawn and the Maple siblings walked out onto the battlefield, the rest of the competitors already there waiting for announcements to take place.

"Welcome to day 4 of our festivities here in Lumiose City at the Tournament of Bonds as we reach the round of 64. Up on the screen in front of you, we have a picture of every competitor left in the competition, and we will pair them up randomly with another competitor for a tag battle round. We will have 8 matches each day over the next four until we have our last 32. And now I hand over to Alola Professor, Professor Kukui," the commentator said.

"Hang on a minute, does that mean?..." Ash muttered.

"What were you just saying?" Serena asked.

"Don't worry," Ash told her. As she turned back around, she scanned the competiton. She saw some youngsters and a couple of veterans, but most of them were around her age.

However one competitor stood out. Bright fiery orange hair like a Pyroar's mane, an eyepatch over the right eye, walking stick in his left hand and a business suit. It was him. Lysandre.

"Greetings competitors. I wish you luck, and now I hand over to Trial Captains Mallow and Kiawe to commence the draw," Kukui shouted, women dropping to the floor at the sight of his chest.

"Good Luck Everyone!" The duo of Mallow and Kiawe shouted as they pushed down on a button, the pictures swirling around on the screen until they came to a stop. As they did, gasps went around the stadium as they saw the first lineup.

Ash Ketchum & Selene vs. Clemont Prost and Bonnie Prost

Ash chuckled lightly as Serena grabbed his hand and interlocked their fingers. The siblings however had the opposite view to the situation. Clemont face palmed and sighed, knowing that the duo he and his sister were facing were going to knock them out, and his sister's face, well let's not talk about that shall we?

As the rest of the competitors left the field, Ash and Serena stood opposite the siblings and they all each grasped one Pokeball.

"The tag battle between the teams of Selene and Ash Ketchum, Champion of Alola, and Clemont Prost, Lumiose City Gym Leader, and Bonnie Prost, Deputy Lumiose City Gym Leader is about to begin. Each competitor is allowed 2 Pokémon each, and the side left with no Pokémon remaining loses. And Battle Begin!"

"Chesnaught, let's go!" Clemont shouted as his fully evolved Kalos Grass-Fighting starter hit the field, roaring and banging his chest as he did.

"Aurorus, go!" Bonnie's first choice appeared, the air freezing the air around her as the fossil Ice-Rock type landed with a colossal thump, the one she had bonded with in Ambrette Town during their travels as a quartet.

"Gengar, I chose you!" Gengar soon formed in front of Ash. Having gone back to Saffron City after getting home from Alola, Ash went back to find the Haunter that helped him in his battle against Sabrina all those years before. Luckily, it didn't take long to find, and he soon became Ash's first ever Ghost type to be caught.