Dear No One, I'm Not Okay

Start from the beginning

*

I caught Callum's eye a few times at school. Luckily, I didn't have the chance to talk to him since he was a Senior.

When I headed into the bathroom at lunch, leaving Cain by himself, the last thing I wanted to do was be disrupted by a couple making out in the next stall over.

"I said stop!" the scream sent my phone flying from my hands. I caught it seconds before it hit the floor and finished up, tucking it in my bra before I could lose grip of it and drop it in the toilet.

"Come on, Monica. I know how much you like blowing teacher's, why not me too?" my mouth grew dry at the mention of the girls name.

"You're a dick, Pearce. Let me out." Monica sounded on the verge of tears. I pushed my stall door open and looked toward the biggest stall in the back, my eyes on the feet beneath the door. They were the same Coach boots I recognized seeing the last time she had come over to Cain's.

"Five minutes." I heard a thud seconds after the words left the guy, Pearce's mouth. I moved toward the stall, my heart pounding so hard against my chest I could feel it in my ribcage.

"Please. Stop it. I don't want to do this." a choked cry left Monica's mouth just as I started pounding on the stall door.

"Shit." Pearce cursed under his breath. Seconds later, the door was thrown open and one of the jocks stood in front of me. My eyes immediately fell on Monica's against the wall by the toilet, her entire body trembling as she shook her head.

"I'll give you five seconds to get out of my way." I said through my teeth, trying to sound as intimidating as possible.

"Or what?" he laughed, "Are you going to scream for Eric? Sorry, sweetheart, but he doesn't do virgins."

I didn't give him the five seconds I promised. I took his wrist instead and twisted it until he screamed out in pain. Once he was in a vulnerable position, I kneed him as hard as I could in the groin. I mentally thanked Callum for letting me come to his class as I glared down at the boy on his knees before me.

"When a woman says no, she means no." I growled, "She doesn't mean maybe, or she'll do it once you start. No means no. Do you understand?" he was nodding, still crying out in pain.

"Yes. Jesus, yes. You're going to break my wrist!" I kneed him once more before walking over to Monica and crouching down.

"Are you okay?" in that moment, I didn't care that she was the same girl that had been writing me through mail. All I wanted to do was get her away from the bastard behind us.

"I'm fine." she breathed out, silent tears rolling down her cocoa cheeks, "Thank you."

"Come on." I helped her up. Just as we walked over Pearce, the door was thrown open. Cain held the door open, looking as if he had just seen a ghost.

"The police are here. They've evacuating the school." he made a gesture with his thumb over his shoulder, "They won't tell us what's wrong, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with one of the teacher's." Cain seemed to finally notice his crying best friend once he finished explaining what was going on.

"What's wrong? Mona?" he took her hand and wiped the tears from her cheek, "Are you okay? Is she okay?" when he realized she wasn't going to answer, he turned to me.

"We should get out." Pearce pushed passed us and out the door before Cain could say anything.

"Mona, it's fine. I'm here." Cain wrapped his arm around his best friend as I let the door swing shut behind us. "Are you okay, Kasey?"

I nodded, offering him a smile as I followed him toward the door. Once we were outside, I couldn't help but gasp when I saw the entire school sitting and standing around, cops on every side of them.

"Is that everyone?" one of the officer's said upon seeing the three of us. The principal nodded and waited until we were among everyone else to start speaking.

"We are sorry for the disruption of your classes, but we have been informed that a case of sexual assault has happened on our campus." I felt someone come up behind me. I didn't have to turn to know it was Callum.

"We got a tip this morning that one of our teacher's took a student and sexually assaulted them on school grounds. I will not accept this in my school." Principal Andrews stepped out of the way and made a gesture toward Mr. Murano, the school's Biology teacher.

"Mr. Nicholas Murano, you are under arrest for statutory rape of a minor. Anything you say can and will be-" the second the words started to leave the Sheriff's mouth, Monica collapsed in Cain's arms with a cry. Everyone grew silent, I froze, tears starting to find their way to my eyes.

I gave Callum a quick nod before weaving in and out of my peers. I stopped beside Monica and pulled her into a hug, meeting Cain's terrified eyes over her shoulder.  

***AN***

I hope you guys enjoyed! 

Let me know what you thought! 

~ChasingMadness24