Dear No One, High School Parties Suck

"Dear No One,

It's me, Ms. Nobody. And you will not believe where I am right now!

I changed the setting on my phone, so it was facing the teenage littered living room and not me. I could see a few people on the livestream making me laugh quietly to myself.

"Yes, you saw right. I'm at a high school party. I know, I know. You're all wondering, what the hell is Ms. Nobody doing at Mr. Popular's party? Your guess is as good as mine! I'm not exactly sure why I agreed to come tonight.

I turned the phone so it was facing a group of boys crowded around a couch, cheering on one of their friends as they entered the next level of some shooting game.

"Over there are obnoxious creatures most commonly referred to as teenage boys, occasionally jocks"

Before I could continue, a familiar black Letterman came into view of the camera on my phone. I felt warmth rush to my cheeks and slowly lowered the phone.

"If I don't make it home tonight you guys know where I'm at. Until next time, Ms. Nobody."

I said the last part in such a rush that I barely could comprehend my words myself, but there was no way in absolute hell I was going to let Eric Baxter find out about my vlog. I'd never hear the end of it.

"Oh shit, were you just livestreaming my party?" Eric looked extraordinarily flattered.

I snorted. "You wish."

"Then what were you doing, Speedy? Confessing your love for me?"

"In your dreams." I processed what he'd just said as I responded. "Speedy?

He said something but my mind and eyes had drifted to my best friend standing out by the pool, a blue solo cup in one hand and the Jordan jock guy holding her other in his own.

She looked gorgeous. She'd allowed Kassandra to do her makeup and choose an outfit for her, since of the three of us, my older sister was much more experienced in the party scene. I had a sick feeling in my stomach the second she'd walked out of Kassy's room. Her dress was just as tight as my sisters, and because Steph already had a big butt and was a double D in bra size, the dress only hugged and pushed things into place.

I suppose me, the small C cup girl, had its perks. I could wear dresses and shirts with cleavage without my breasts falling out like my sister and Steph's, but sometimes it still got to me. Sure I didn't have to worry about them slapping me in the face while running, but it wasn't always a great thing to be the flat chested five foot nothing girl that people continuously mistook for a twelve year old.

"What?" Eric had entered my personal space, the arm of his jacket brushing against my bare one. "Them? It's harmless, Kase. Though, I didn't realize she looked like that under all those oversized boy clothes."

I could feel my face twist in disgust. "You men are disgusting. My brother's right."

I started to walk toward my best friend, so caught up in getting to her before she could get too drunk or the jock could take her upstairs and take advantage of her, that I didn't realize someone was inches from crashing into me until I heard Eric yell from behind me.

Before I had a chance to comprehend what happened, I was soaked from head to toe in what I'd assume was hard alcohol by the horrible stench,

Yet another reason I hated being short. If I had been a normal height it would have only soaked my dress.

"Watch where you're going, bitch!"