A Proscriptive Relationship: o8

Start from the beginning

“It’s only, what? A four-year difference? My parents are ten years apart,” she responded defensively.

“Still, he’s a teacher,” Lance interjected. “And she’s a student.”

“That’s doesn’t matter either.”

I sighed and flopped onto my back on the bed, hoping for the subject to drop. The fair started in only an hour. I still had to get ready. Casey spun around in my computer chair and logged onto the computer, going on Facebook. Lance started tinkering with things on my desk and I watched Casey with a bored expression. After about half an hour I went to the bathroom. When I got back I sat down on the bed and stared at Lance, who was coloring on my binder now.

“Oh my God!!” Casey gasped suddenly.

“What?” Lance and I responded simultaneously.

“Sadie is in a relationship with Sam!”

“No way!” I cried, standing up and going over to the computer.

Sure enough, on Facebook, Sadie’s relationship status went from single to in a relationship with Sam. I stared at the screen in shock. Mr. Heywood was right!

“I thought she liked him,” Lance commented, also coming over and taking a look. “Kind of sudden though.”

“Now I can go on double dates with her!” Casey said, grinning. “You two really need to find someone to go out with.”

“I don’t like anyone,” I responded with a shrug. “And I wouldn’t go out with someone I didn’t like.”

“What about you, Lance?” Casey asked, turning to him.

He blushed immediately. Casey and I exchanged glances and smirked.

“Aww, Lance has got a crush!” I cooed, elbowing him. “Who is it, huh?”

“I’m not telling you!” Lance responded, shaking his head. “No way.”

“Aw, come on!” Casey interjected. “You have to tell us now!”

“No I don’t,” Lance responded, his mouth in a straight line. “And you won’t ever know.”

“Why don’t you ask her out?” I asked him.

Lance snorted. “She wouldn’t go out with me.”

“What are you talking about? Everyone wants to go out with you!” I responded and Casey nodded in agreement.

“Not this person. She’s different.”

“Who is she?” Casey and I demanded together.

“I won’t tell you guys.”

“Come on! Please!” I begged, putting on my best puppy dog eye look.

Lance shook his head. “No. Now I’m leaving to get ready for the fair, you should too Casey.”

Casey nodded, logging out of Facebook. “I probably should.”

I frowned. My puppy eyes look never worked. I needed to work on it.

Lance and Casey left and I went to take a shower. When I was done I blow dried my hair and went to my room to start straightening it. The phone rang half way through the process and I set the straightener down for a second, walking over to the phone in my room and picking it up.

“Hello?”

“Hi honey, it’s mom.”

“Hi,” I said, going back to my hair straightener and continuing to straighten it.