Chapter 5

The drive to the other pack took approximately an hour, but the journey seemed to drag so long. My nerves increased with every mile into the unfamiliar territory. However, as we approached the pack, I could appreciate the beauty more. There were wildflowers littering the landscape, crystal lakes and so many majestic trees. Honestly, it looked like a great place to be a werewolf.

My daze was broken when I realised we were crunching up a huge gravel driveway, that ended in the biggest collection of houses I'd ever seen. Were they even houses? It looked like accommodation fit for a whole royal family including distant cousins, let alone a werewolf pack.

Hang on, if the pack needed a space this large, how big was the pack?!

My heartbeat increased drastically at this thought and I breathed in deeply to attempt to calm my jittery nerves.

The strange thing about the area was the overall quietness, especially since there was supposed to be a significant event going on. Even though my hearing was exceptionally good, I could make out no sound except that of birds and other natural noises. Shrugging it off, I got ready to get out of the car and make our way into what I assumed to be the main building for the pack.

However, before the car had even stopped fully outside, the oak door creaked open to reveal a tall, handsome but balding man with a grin on his aging face. I didn't even realise my father had exited the car until I saw him approach the unknown man, not with a simple handshake but with a full on man hug!

My mother tutted with a smile on her face, but I looked on in confusion. How come I didn't know this man that appeared to know my father rather well?

"Come on River, let's greet Samuel." My mother whispered and I nodded, clutching onto my small bag tightly. We crunched our way over to my father and "Samuel", making them both pause their chat about who knows what.

"And who might these beautiful young ladies be?" Samuel asked, winking at me to which I smiled slightly. 

"Well you already know my wife, Ava, but this is our daughter River." 

Samuel shook my hand enthusiastically, looking at me curiously from his blue eyes. They seemed so familiar, but I couldn't remember where I had seen eyes like that before.

"It's a pleasure to meet you River. Now, all of you come inside and I'll show you to your rooms. Maybe you could meet my sons, they seem to be around your age." He turned to me when he said this last part and I nodded weakly. Social activities were definitely not my strong point. 

Before I knew it, Samuel was giving us a tour of the spacious pack, pointing to random rooms like the kitchen, the main living room and the various bathrooms open to everyone. I stood at the back, letting my eyes adjust to the lack of familiarity but beauty of the place. The buildings were quite old fashioned with big strong beams holding them up. It was rather quaint actually.

Samuel paused suddenly at the end of a short corridor on the second floor of the main building.

"Now, Markus and Ava, this is your room. River, you're just next door in this one here." He pointed to a door with the word 'guest' painted on it in gold, swirling letters.

"I'll leave you to unpack and get ready. The ceremony is in..." He looked at his watch and grinned. "An hour and a half."

With that, he strode off down the corridor whistling an unknown melody and we were left to our own devices.

"We'll knock on your door when it's time to go down okay?" My mother patted my shoulder and I nodded. Both of my parents entered their room giggling like school children, and I rolled my eyes.

I turned the door handle of my room and took a few steps inside, however I stopped short when I glanced around the interior of the room.

"Holy shit." I muttered under my breath.

The room was decorated with a colour scheme of burgundy and cream. There was a four poster bed! Windows wrapped around three quarters of the walls, with long burgundy curtains framing the fantastic view of the garden below.

I stepped over to the windows and gasped at what covered the lawns. A large white marquee took up a lot of the grass, and I assumed that's where the ceremony would take place. White wooden benches dotted the grass, and there were gold decorations hung from anywhere they could. It was beautiful.

A smile graced my features as I soaked up this new place that was starting to grow on me a lot. Maybe the ceremony wouldn't be too bad after all?

Turning to the bathroom, I peeked a head around the door and almost collapsed. The bath tub was more like a hot tub! Everything was brilliant white and clean, the floor was marble and the shower could easily have fit six people inside of it.

I think I'm in heaven.

My watch told me that I only had an hour and a quarter to do my hair, make-up and find whatever outfit my mother had packed for me, so I went back into the luxurious room and opened my bag. Inside, I found a leather bag that I assumed my mother had put in there since I definitely hadn't packed it myself.

I opened it, and my jaw dropped.

With shaking hands, I lifted the mystery dress out of the bag and stared at it without blinking. Tears sprung to my eyes; it was the most beautiful dress I had ever set my eyes on.

Navy blue silk pooled over my arms as I clutched the fabric unsteadily. The beading, the embroidery, it was all gorgeous and so well made. I laid the dress on the massive bed and began to strip out of my clothing hastily, wanting to feel that comforting silk on my skin.

Slowly and carefully, I began sliding into the deep blue fabric, not wanting to taint such beauty. I took a deep breath and took a look in the mirror, almost stunned at my reflection.

The dress had transformed me. I looked pretty, for what seemed like the first time in my life. I turned myself to different angles, drinking in the unexpected view.

The neckline of the dress showed just enough cleavage, and the hem washed around my ankles, the perfect length. Knowing my clumsy self, I'd still trip over though.

Forty five minutes later, and my make-up and hair was complete. My waist length brown hair fell in 'mermaid' waves down my torso, and I left my make-up natural, just enhancing my features. I felt beautiful.

I decided to exit my room and see if my parents were ready, since they hadn't called for me yet. I hope they didn't get... distracted.

As I swung the door open and stepped out, a figure almost crashed into me and I gasped in surprise. The figure whipped around, apologising profusely, but that left my thoughts as soon as his eyes met mine.

"Kyle?"

A/N OMG thank you so much for 500 reads! I'm so so so happy! I hope this chapter is okay for you x