A Jealous Cub

(Bits of Language, be advised, maybe a trigger idk, I'm really bad at warnings)

Lars tended to get jealous of any boy who became too close to her. Ronaldo was one of those people, but even he knew to back off after the two started dating. This new guy sure as hell didn't.

"Corporate hired him." She had told him as they sat in his room, passing the time by catching up.

"He gets awfully close to you Sadie, I'm not sure if I like that."

"Jace knows his boundaries. I told him the first time he tried to ask me out that I have a boyfriend."

"He's continued since then."

"Lars-"

"I see him flirting with you even though I'm in the room!"

She sighed. "Lars, until they agree to hire you back, I have to work my shifts with him... I'm sorry. I'll visit you every lunch break, and after work."

"If he touches you again I can't promise I'll get my job back."

"Lars. Are you really that jealous?"

"Yes! He's trying to make you happier than I do! He's trying to take you away from me..."

"He's not gonna! Sheesh Lars, when did you become so overly protective around me?"

He looked at her with all seriousness and rolled over, turning his back to her.

"I'm sorry- that was too far wasn't it."

"I almost died. If I did I would never had been around to save you, to keep you away from dinks like him. The way you said that makes it seem like I wouldn't have cared anyways."

"I'll go home now okay? You need time to cool off. I'll see you tomorrow. I love you." She kissed his cheek as she got up to leave.

-=-
The next day, Lars walked to the Big Donut, a blanket and his lunch in hand, as well as a few slices of an Ube roll. He looked through the window to see Jace cornering her, his hands against the wall, towering over her. Sadie looked absolutely terrified, her eyes closed, face angling away from him. He went inside and set everything on the nearest table, shouting at the boy.

"What the hell do you think you're doing to my girlfriend?!"

Lars went behind the counter, pulling him away and putting himself between him and her.

"Sadie, are you okay?"

"I am now."

"Your girlfriend is a hoe man, she was all over me." Jace laughed.

"You look so stupid defending her, she wanted me. She had me pin her up on that wall."

"Get out of here with that bull, Jace. I saw you. Leave my girlfriend alone, or I will-"

"What? Dye me pink like your dumb ass?"

He got closer, growling a bit.

"Take two steps back and give me a reason not to beat you like there's no freaking tomorrow for touching Sadie."

"The cameras. You want your job back right?"

Lars froze in place, what was he gonna do? He looked out the side glass window to see a pink lion running towards the shop. How he knew what was going on, Lars would never know, but the creature pressed his face to the push door and stepped inside.

"My friend will give me an idea. What do you think?"

Lion snarled at Jace, padding in closer to him. Steven ran in a few seconds later to see Lion chasing the boy out of the room. "Who was that? Lion really doesn't like him."

"I really don't like him either."

The big cat and Lars sat next to each other, the same glare resting on the now ex-cashier of the shop, who had run halfway to the beach by now.

Sadie gave a sigh and told Steven the story while the two pink creatures watched in amusement as Jace floundered through the sand.

(A/N: So this is a really dumb idea I had while sitting in bed after just waking up. What if Lion and Lars has some sort of empathic connection? Like, if Lars is in trouble, Lion would sense it and come save him? Maybe it's just me but that's that story. Lion must protect his new pink cub - Z)