Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Ana’s P.O.V.

I woke up, overwhelmed of the sudden sensation of a massive migraine. I rubbed my eyes from sleepiness and sat there staring into space. The feeling was so intense; I was unable to move anymore. It could have been that I was still heavily injured, but I was getting better. My heart started to pound when I realized the feeling seemed so familiar. Then it hit me like a freight train.

That night two years ago, my best friend’s death.

My forehead was sweating bullets, but I couldn’t get myself to wipe away. I was scared. Scared for what for what this feeling was going to bring. Scared for whoever’s life was going to be taken now.

Wait.

My Mother.

The way she talked on the phone. The way Damien reacted to me telling him of how my mother was talking. It all seemed so strange. I haven’t had this feeling since that horrid night. It was all so weird and sudden. I couldn’t quite wrap my head around it all.

I blinked a few times, attempting to wake up. Grabbing my cell phone, I checked the time. It was around midnight.

When I was finally able to move, I looked around the room and saw it was dark, meaning the doctor had come in and shut the lights off. I also noticed that Damien was not in the room. In his place was Harry. I felt the need to scream. I placed my hands over my mouth, preventing myself from doing so.

My small noises, that had escaped the openings between my fingers, must have woken Harry up. He started to shift in the seat that was known to be Damien’s spot. He shouldn’t be allowed to sit there.

Where was Damien anyway?

I needed him. He was my steady rock that I have grown fairly close to these couple of days. He’s been here with me when I needed him most.

Where was he now?

I hate Harry so much. He had taken my mother away from me. To top that off, he was completely oblivious to that fact. My mother had finally talked to me after two years. I mean, occasionally there would be some exchanges, but it usually wasn’t more than a few words. Realization hit me like a ton of bricks. It was truly astonishing to know that fact that I have basically been living my life without a mother.

You would think that a girl who is going through high school and has gone through two deaths of close people would need her mother to help her through such rough patches. I made it just fine, without the will of my mother. I made it own my own. I don’t know how it was possible, but it happened. Now that I had Damien, I don’t know how life would be like without him there for me. It’s still sad that I didn’t have my mother there for me when I needed her most. I just wasn’t a priority to her. Ever since dad died, she drifted. I missed my mom. I hope that her sudden spoken words aren’t temporary.

Harry woke up, and looked up at me. For once I didn’t get that creepy feeling. It was almost like he was my father, which was strange. I know that would be impossible. Ever since I met this guy, I have hated him. As soon as my eyes were laid on him, it was instantaneous hatred.

This new feeling was almost like my dad was in the room, comforting the idea of Harry being in the same room as me.

I took a deep breath as Harry stood up and walked in my direction.

I didn’t know what to do, what to say. Never had I spoken more than two words to him, at a time that is. At home I usually just locked myself in my room and did whatever needed to be done. Most of it was homework. Not that it mattered, since he and my mom are almost never home.