Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Ana’s P.O.V.

When I woke up from my deep sleep, I saw that Damien was not in his regular spot. I looked around the room for any signs of his presence, but saw nothing. I reached for my phone, which was on the table that held the food that the cafeteria employees give me. I read the time that my phone showed, and it said it was 7:00 A.M.

What could Damien be doing at this time? He usually got breakfast when I woke up…

I frowned to myself. I was quite sure as to why though. Usually I woke up with him looking at me. I grew used to it, but now that he isn’t even here, I missed his presence. I turned the T.V on, and surfed the channels. There really wasn’t anything on at this time. Settling on Mickey Mouse Club House, I snuggled up on the bed, stretching my body from my slumber.

In about an hour, Damien walked in, and looked at the T.V. which was still playing the same show. He then looked at me with a humorous face. Before I could explain he said, “You’re such a child, I swear…”

I looked at him in confusion.

“Excuse me, but you try finding a good show at this time of day. Mickey Mouse is awesome by the way. He has walked me through my childhood. My dad used to take me to Disney all the time when I was small.” I looked down on my lap, playing with my hands, trying hard not to cry over the memories.

**

Flashback

“Daddy, I want to go on Dumbo!”

“Sure, honey, let’s go!”

Mom was always busy working. She never had time to be with me or daddy. I never wanted to ask why because she would just say it was because her job needed her all the time. She used to always come with us. This was the first time she didn’t. I missed her.

Daddy and I walked towards the line, and waited until we got sent onto the ride. We didn’t have a fast pass to this one, so we had to wait an extra long time. About 30 minutes passed by, and we were finally let on.

The ride was so much fun!

“Daddy?” I said, tugging on his red shirt.

 “Can we go back on?!” I really liked it! Pwetty Pwease?!”

“But honey, there are so many other ride you can go one! What about it’s a Small World?”

“YAY!” I squealed, jumping up and down. Daddy grabbed my hand, and we walked towards the ride.

End of Flashback

**

That was the last time I had ever gone to Disney. Dad had never been able to take me again. He got busy with work as well. A couple of years later and he was murdered.

I still remember that night clearly. The police officer had come to our house, letting us know about the news.

**

Flashback

I heard the door bell ring. My mother went to open the front door. I was facing the T.V. watching Cartoon network. I was only 12, and it kept me entertained. I hadn’t paid much attention to who it was at the door. Nor had I cared. I heard mom talking to what had seemed to be a male. Commercials were playing, so I decided to listen in to their conversation.

“I’m so sorry to tell you this, but we found your husband’s body in the river not too far from here.”His voice was so rigid.

I wanted to turn around, to see if this was real. He couldn’t be dead. He promised me he would always come back from work, even if it was really late. He can’t just break his promise and leave us all. Not at a time like this. My mom lost her job, and was taking care of me when my dad wasn’t home, which was a lot of the time. She would have to find a way to help us survive, and keep our home. How could dad have done this?! HE CAN’T JUST LEAVE ME!