Chapter 9

Next Day...

Courtney's P.O.V. 

I Woke up to the sound of someone knocking on the door, so i slowly moved Shayne's arms that we're wrapped around me so i don't wake him up and headed to the door. When i opened it, it was Kate. "Oh Kate. what are you doing here?" Shit this is not a good situation. "Should i be the one to ask that? since your inside my boyfriend's apartment."  She letted herself in and when she saw Shayne asleep on his bed she turned back to me with a pissed expression.

"Kate it's not what you think. Our co-workers and us had a drink last night and Shayne got drunk so i just drove him back here." i solemnly explained. "Look Courtney. i know your a great person and probably a great friend to Shayne, But can you please stay away from my Boyfriend." i couldn't argue back, since i'm falling in love with a man in a relationship and i don't wanna ruin that.

"Courtney?" We both looked at him and Shayne stood up while holding his head. "Shayne you alright babe?" Kate walked up to him and i just stood there looking down on the floor. "What happened last night?" he said while scratching his eye. "You we're so dr-" Kate said but Shayne cut him off. "No, Courtney what happened?" i looked at the couple and Kate  just glared at me.

"I'm gonna go home now, I'll see you at work." i said while looking back and forth at the ground and at him, and left. I called in an Uber and went on home, i couldn't stop tearing up on the way. Once i got home i took a shower and decided to visit my Best Friend since she was so drunk last night. I headed to Olivia's place and knocked a few times before she answered the door.

"Wow. You look like shit." i sarcastically said. "Thanks, for the compliment." and she moved back in, so i went in. "Want me to make you some tea?" i asked while she fell on the couch. "Yeah sure whatever will help." I can tell she really has a big Hangover, once i was done making tea i took it to her and she sat properly and took a sip.

"Ahhh, that really helped. So What brings you here?" she asked me. "Don't tell anybody, alright?" i made sure and she nodded. "I slept with Shayne last night." she spilled back her drink at the cup and put it down. "You WHAT?!" I realized what she said and she had the wrong idea. "Oh no, i meant literally i just slept next to him! nothing happened between us i swear!"

i raised my hands in defense. "Oh thank God." she sighed. "Sooo...Kate came by and told me to stay away from Shayne." i said while playing with my fingers. "I should probably listen to her right? She is the Girlfriend, right? i asked her. "Look. one thing i learned from Shayne is that he hates losing his friends." "What should i do? if i don't avoid him it'll probably jeopardize his relationship with Kate! And i don't want to see him get hurt."

"If you did avoid him, your still gonna hurt him." i grunted and layed back. "What if you just tell Shayne about what Kate said, he'll probably take your side and ask Kate to change her mind." "I can't do that! It'll just make me look like i'm clingy." "Well your in a bind, better find a way out before you tear yourself apart." Olivia's right it's either fight for what i stand as a friend or let him be. "I'm gonna take a bath, alright? then let's go to work." i nodded and she left.

An Hour Later...

Olivia and i arrived in time, i saw my car parked outside glad Ian didn't forget i'm getting my keys back later. When we got in the office, Keith was the only one present playing with paper airplanes. "Where's Noah?" i asked him and he turned his chair. "Oh Courtney, he's doing PIIMM and Food Girl is needed." i nod and put my bag down then headed to the set.

I ran next to Noah while the camera was rolling. "Oh, Food Girl just arrived everybody." Noah presented me. "Now our guess for today, please welcome fellow Smosh Squad.....SHAYNE!!" Oh my God is this serious? and Shayne appeared and i just noticed we're matching clothes right now. Normally i would flutter but this time i felt bad.

"Hey Courtney, listen uh-" i cutted him off before he continued. "Hey." i just said and moved out of the camera and continued my role as Food Girl.

Shayne's P.O.V.

When Courtney left i tried to fight my hangover and took a shower once i was done Kate dragged me and pushed me down on the bed, climbed over me while unbuttoning her shirt. "Babe what are you doing?" "Well i haven't seen you in days so i just miss you." she seductively said. Which did not work on me. "Sorry Babe not right now, i gotta go to work." she got off and i got up and dressed up.

"Is it really work or Courtney?" i stopped moving and thought about what she said. I remembered what happened last night while taking a shower. i said i love you at her and she said she loves me too. I can't tell if that's her talking or just drunk. Anyways i got to explain to her for what happened last night.

"Babe. You know Courtney and i are just friends right?" "In your perspective maybe. I don't know about her though." Is she seriously Jealous of Courtney? but i just ignored it and kissed her goodbye then left. When i arrive only Olivia and Keith we're present. "Oh Shayne your Noah's guess for today in PIIMM." Keith said and i nodded then ran to the set.

I remembered that Courtney's Food girl in PIIM so this is a good opportunity to explain. When i arrived we're both matching clothes that fluttered me a little. I attempted to talk to her but she just said Hey then avoided me for the entire filming. Only talking to Noah and only speaking to me when needed.

After we we're done filming, Courtney had already got out of the set so i proceeded to follow her. once i got close she wouldn't even look at me. "Courtney is everything alright?" i asked her while walking. "Great. Everything's Great." i could tell she was lying. "I don't believe you." "Then Don't it's not my problem if you don't believe." wow she just gave me the cold shoulder. That Hurts.

I couldn't stand it anymore i then grabbed her arm so both of us stopped walking. "Tell me What's wrong?" i asked in a begging tone. "Shayne please. I need to be alone." i letted go of her arm and i just looked at her until she left my field of vision. I then asked the Squad for anything that might help me, Both Keith and Noah have no idea what was going on while Olivia said she doesn't know as well but i suspect she was lying.

7 Months Later

Months came by, 7 lonely and torturing months of being ignored by my Best Friend and the one that stole my heart at first sight. Kate and i argue sometimes because whenever we we're together i would think about why was she avoiding me. Courtney and i would only talk during skits of new episodes during on cam, it's like nothing happened but off cam we rarely spoke to each other.

"Hey guys, we have a meeting in 5 minutes so see you all there." Anthony said and walked out of the room. 5 minutes later the Squad was all present and the Smosh Games crew as well. "Okay, we made this meeting since this is very,very important." Ian said as he put his hands on the table and bowed his head.

"Because...we are all gonna do.." Anthony paused rising the tension in the room. "SMOSH WINTER GAMES!!!" They both said in Unison and we all shouted in excitement. "But now, Ian and i are not gonna be competing in the games, instead we are gonna commentating." Anthony said and we all clapped. "But...Shayne is competing!" Ian announced and they all clapped for me besides Courtney.

Wait. If i'm competing that means there is a chance i'm going to be in the same team as Courtney! Great, Just Great. This is gonna go well...