The Destroyer - Chapter 3

Three

I bolted straight up. My chest heaving, sweat running all over me. I fervently searched to my right. When my hand came in contact with a giant lump, I collapsed back against the bed.

"Babe?" Brad rolled over, tiredness in his voice.

"Um, yeah?"

"You okay?" His hand entwined with mine. Giving me a gentle squeeze.

"I suppose I am. Just a bad dream is all" I maneuvered around a bit so I could lay my head on his shoulder, breathing in the earthy, masculine scent that could only belong to him.

"Wanna talk about it?" He breathed in my hair.

"Nah" I smiled at his concern. Kissing him gently on his upper chest, my eyes fluttered shut to the early morning light streaming in from my windows.

**BRADS Point of View**

Stella's eyelashes sat light dark crescent moons against her high cheekbones, making her look more like an angel than she already was.

Ever since he first met her, he never understood why he has her. He sure as hell didn't deserve her. She was too good for anyone on this earth. Her unnatural beauty, her sarcastic demeanor, the wit of... Well, the wit of something beyond this world.

Feeling unease in the back of his neck, Brad turned his head slightly to check Stella's bright yellow clock.

"Ah, shit-nick" He muttered when the time showed six am. Stella took at least an hour to get ready and practically snapped his head off when he dared enter her bathroom while she was getting ready, so with a small smile he carefully rolled out from under Stell, and tiptoed his way to the shower.

Brad grumbled incoherently under his breath when the only shampoo in the shower that wasn't empty was the strawberry and passion fruit scented one. And yeah, it was in a bright pink bottle. Stella had a way to make him so manly.

Just thinking of her got him smiling like an idiot.

He hmphed and stepped out of the shower, his hair hanging in short tendrils on his forehead. When there was no hairspray or gel in his hair, it was actually a lot longer. But Stella liked it short, so he kept it that way.

Again with the smiling.

Wrapping a fluffy black towel around his narrow hips, he padded his way over to Stella's wardrobe. Actually, wardrobe would be an insult; it was more like the average person's bedroom; but filled with racks and racks of clothes and a never ending row of shoes. All the men in Naples didn't have that many shoes put together.

Though Stella was kind enough to leave a small rack empty for him to leave some clothes when he stayed over. Two pairs of shoes were there to.

He threw on a tight grey tee, black jeans and his tigers then sauntered out to grab his black motorcycle jacket from the computer chair.

How did that get here? Brad wondered, but the thought was quickly replaced with the view he had of Stell stretching in the bed. Reminder: she is still buck naked.

Yeeeeah man.

But when she went for the silk robe hanging on the bedpost, he practically flew into the bathroom to get the hairspray before she flipped out at him.

"What are you doing?" Stell burst out laughing, pretty much doubling over in laughter when he walked back into the bedroom clutching the spray in both hands.

"I... umm, well I-"He stuttered then started laughing with her.

Her cell buzzed, and Stella gave a small frown. "Huh... people should know I'm lethal when I just wake up." She answered and smiled to herself, "Oh. Hey Kate-sta!"

Shaking his head, Brad figured they were going to be a while, and went to retrieve the hair dryer and start his hair in the bedroom.

When he was walking back in, Stella was saying bye to Kate.

"That was quick." He was shocked. When those to get on the phone, it's at least half an hour before they even think about getting off.

"I know right!" She gave him a shit-eatin' grin, kissed him on the cheek and wandered away from him, to have her own shower.

Still confused, Brad went to start his hair.

**STELLAs Point Of View**

Brad was just flicking the final bits of hair into place when I headed over to him and trailed my fingers down his chest. He growled deep in the back of his throat and bent down to kiss me.

I dodged him when he was not even a centimeter away from me and I ran into the wardrobe, slamming the door behind me.

"Tease!"

He was banging on the door, and I was laughing as I was deciding what to wear.

The most worn and most comfortable shirt is what I ended up wearing. The tee was a light gray, with a picture of a chicken on the front that said "I am not a nugget!"

I also pulled on my black skinny leg jeans and the boots Kate bought me.

Brad and I made our way down the stairs, where my Father ambushed us.

"Morning" he said curtly.

"Father" I said, matching his tone.

"Brad" The look my Father gave Brad could have melted ice.

"Mr. Robinson." Brad was always perfectly polite to him.

"I see you stayed over again" Oh no.

"Yeah, sorry. It was late when we left the party, and I drank too much to be able to drive. It was just easier to walk back her with Stella."

"And you didn't think of catching a cab?"

"Dad-"

"Stella, shut up! Your seventeen years old! No boy should be sleeping here two nights in a row! You're lucky he even gets to stay one!

"Sir, I-" I squeezed Brad's hand to let him know I'm handling it. He looked appalled.

"Dad, you have known Brad since he was ten years old. You have always thought of him as a good man! What has gotten into you?"

"Stella Elyce Robinson! You are sixteen-"

"Seventeen" I corrected him darkly.

"Whatever!" He screamed and ploughed on. "Brad is eighteen years old and you seventeen."

"Your point being?" I screamed, equally as loud.

"Your still a minor and Brad is legally an adult! Do you have any idea what this does for my reputation?"

So this was all about his reputation? It was all I could do not to slap my father right in the face, and spit out a string of profanities that would make even a Navy Seal stutter.

Brad growled, low in his throat.

"Goodbye dad. If you wish to apologize to me, I'll be at Brads tonight and tomorrow night."

And with that, I stormed out of the house, Brad being dragged along behind me.

I threw open the passenger door to Brad's car, and slammed it once I was in. I was fuming! How dare that prick of a father worry more about his reputation than his daughter's happiness!

Brad got in the driver's side, and shut the door quietly.

"Stella-"

"Brad, I don't want you to be on his side." Tears were pooling, and I really, really hated crying.

"Babe, I'm not. Never" He pulled me into a tight hug, and I buried my face into his neck and let the tears fall.