25 (Awake)

Emma, even though she can't express with words, misses her dad.

Jack, who's now a little to old to be lied to anymore, is starting to get antsy.

"You promise he's okay?" Jack looks skeptically at all of his Aunt's, Uncle's, and mother.

"He's going to be fine, baby." JJ reassures yet Jack still doesn't believe.

"Then why can't we see him? If he's okay then we should be able to go see him." Jack reasons still very untrusting of his family's argument.

Emily bites her lip and glances at the others for support.

"You're right," she sighs picking her middle finger nail with her thumb. "You haven't seen him in days. I'm sorry about that. We'll bring you to see him, okay?"

《》

"He's in there?"

"Yeah."

"Is he awake?"

"Baby I don't know."

"Can you see if he's awake?"

Emily kisses Jack's forehead and slowly walks into Hotch's room.

He's flat on his back, nasal tubes in place, white as the bed he's laying on.

"Aaron?" She whispers but he doesn't stir.

She glances back towards the door before getting closer to his bed.

A thin layer of sweat covers his brow.

"Aaron?" She takes his hand and kisses it gently.

"He's not awake."

She hadn't noticed Jack.

"Yeah, I'm sorry."

" 's fine." Jack smiles faintly and slowly walks to his father's side. "He is okay...right?"

Hotch's eyes peak open and he grimaces as he sighs deeply. "Jack?"

Emily stands up and strokes Hotch's face," hey, sleepy head."

Jack watches his parents interact.

"Emily." Hotch sighs into her touch.

"Jack's here," she whispers and Hotch turns to Jack.

"Hi dad." Just the other day he'd left their little house in a pit of anger. He doesn't remember why he was mad. He was. That afternoon, just after he had ranted to Nick about how stupid his family is, he was called to the office and told by Rossi about his father.

"Jack." Hotch shifts again and Emily puts a gentle hand on his chest. "Babe stop moving."

Hotch let's him lay her down.

"Come here," Hotch whispers and Jack crawls up Hotch's bed.

Jack lays his head on Hotch's shoulder.

"Emma misses you," Jack whispers.

"I miss her too." Hotch holds Jack in one arm and Emily's hand in the other. "I missed you."

Jack hastly wipes a tear away. He grips Hotch's gown tightly," I thought you were dead."

Hotch pulls Jack as close as he can," I'm fine."

Emily winks at Hotch and makes her way out of the room.

"Jack okay?" Rossi asks

"They're okay, now."

《》

"This bed isn't comfortable Emily. Go home." He whispers against her hair.

Now with his knew dose of morphine Hotch is doing a lot better.

"I'm fine." She rubs his chest with his thumb.

"You don't have to stay here with me," he kisses her hair.

She looks up at him with a grin," it's either I go home and sleep in our bed alone or I lay here with you in this slightly uncomfortable bed... hmm I think I'll chose the idiot I'm ever so fond of."

He smiles and they share a quick kiss before she cups his cheek and whispers," it doesn't matter where I sleep, as long as it's with you."

He smiles," God. Have I ever told you I love you?"

She kisses him again," you're not very good with your words but you get your point of across."

He kisses her this time," I love you."

"I love you too."

TWO UPDATES IN ONE DAY!
-SH