21 (Vows)

"I-I am not very good at things like this.." Hotch unfolds a sheet of paper and looks over it. "I uh... I wish you'd gone first."

Emily smiles encouragingly and reaches out to squeeze his hands.

"I uh.. I don't have a clear moment when for when I fell in love with you. There was just moments that I just knew." He drops his paper and they both watch as it wafts to the floor," well... I uh.. The first real moment was Cyrus. Before, I think I just ignored it. He hurt you and that was it. I could feel something." He looks deep into her dark swirling eyes," I love you. I never want to have to live a day, a minute, a second without you. I promise that whatever the future brings I'll love you. I promise to stand behind your ideas and dreams. I promise to guard your life. If you're hurt. I'm hurt. Anyone who hurts you, I will hurt them. Because my life is meaningless without you."

《》

"Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you-"

The song never meets his ears. He doesn't hear the sound of the music. No. He only sees.

The white velvet hugs her hips in a manor that makes him itch to touch her. The dark curls out line her collar bone make him yearn to push them out of her face and kiss her.

She catches his heavy gaze and blushes.

Rossi leads her to him.

"I don't have to say a thing do I?" The tears in the old Italian man's eyes are sweet and loving. "I just... I love you both. So.. just keep doing what you're doing."

《》

"I promise to always love you. At your lowest at your highest. When you're being a grumpy ass because you've worked and haven't slept or eaten in hours. When you've pulled some stupid stunt. I promise to love as long as the day is long. I promise. I promise. I could never stop loving you. I promise."

Emily squeezes Hotch's hand and smiles," I love you, Aaron Thomas Hotchner."

《》

Emily's mother was the first guest to ask why their groom had no family.

Of course the answer was simple," we are his family."

Sean showed.

He wasn't going to.

He was going to play it off like he never even seen his invitation.

But then came Emily.

He came.

Not because his brother needs him but because Emily threatened bodily harm and if Aaron is marrying her then she can hurt him.

"Sean?"

Emily turns to find Sean Hotchner looking up from his drink to his older brother.

"I didn't know you were coming."

Sean glances at Emily and smiles nervously," yeah. I mean of course."

Later, as they walked away from the preist, official married, he would pull her against him and thank her for dragging Sean to the wedding.

Guess who watched JJ's wedding scene about a million times today?

ME!
-SH