12 (Oh Boy)

"Oh boy."

Every year, as required by Federal Protocol, all agents, field agents and regular agents, must have a physical.

"What?"

Poor Doctor Oatman, a man well into his sixties with hardly any hair, shakes his head with a strange smile.

"Son, do I have news."

Doc, as most of his patients of many years calls him, puts his pad down and leaves the entire BAU team confused for a moment.

When he returns... they're all surprised.

"Well you see, all of you have skipped out of my good testing every year, today you will be doing it."

He hands out very small shorts to the boys and bikini looking things to the girls.

"All except, you dear."

Confused and scared Emily holds Hotch's hand.

"I'm gonna need to talk to you two in the hall."

Several hugs, and smacks on the back later they enter the hall together.

"No need to look so shocked. You're not dying."

Doc holds up two pieces of paper.

He points to Emily," you, my dear, are pregnant."

Emily hugs the old doctor tightly.

"Oh thank you." Hotch picks Emily up and they hug each other tightly.

"Now," he cuts through their news. "Don't get yourselves all worked up, but... Aaron you have a tear in your side caused by some of the damage you suffered a year ago. We can fix this through a surgery. It's fairly small. Is that okay?"

Emily holds his hand tightly, his blank mask slapped on, and she can tell they'll have to talk about this later.

"I'll be fine.."

The old doctor pats Hotch's shoulder," I'm happy for the both of you. A baby! There's a first from you all!"

When they enter the room they keep the pregnancy to themselves but tell the others of the upcoming surgery.

"Alright, you all." The doctor says happily," go change."

Dressed in very little clothing the team is put through various test to see how their lungs are functioning, their muscles, and their brains.

By the time they're finally done no one is self-conscious about their scars or bodies.

"So when is the surgery?" Emily asks once they're in the safety of their car.

"Two months from today."

"Two months," Emily repeats.

"Yes."

The car silent as they drive home.

"Are you going to tell Jack?"

"Not right now," Hotch answers quietly.

"Evethings going to be okay." She says confidently.

"I know."