07.

King's POV

We had made our way towards Louisiana and have stayed here for a good 3 days. My empire had expanded well over 140 vampires and the body count of dead humans were adding up. Newborns were uncontrollably thirsty and weren't in control of their strength or anger.

"My King, the fledging's are beyond thirsty and we are growing too much attention towards the area." My newborn, Valerie says to me with a bow as she enters my hotel room which was now empty. "How many more humans have yet to transform?" I ask her and she immediately replies, "About 50, my King. They're all in different areas of the state though." She whispers and I move past her. "Bring the fledging's off the border by rank and bring them back towards another state. I'll meet you there." I reply. I was thirsty myself, seeing I had not fed in weeks now. "Yes my King," She replies with a head nod and turn towards the door. "Oh and Valerie," I call out and she turns to me. "Don't get caught and if any signs of other activity approach you, report back to me at once." I demand and she nods again. "Yes, my King." She promises and moves through the door.

Nights like this I wish it were possible for me to get drunk. The intoxicated feeling would blind me from reality and all thoughts of...her.

Holy fuck, why was I still thinking about the blasted human girl? She was still in a coma as far as I knew and I didn't realize why thoughts of her still clouded my thoughts with everything I did. I needed her out!

And no matter how many females I've slept with, it doesn't mean anything. As a new wicked idea flashes across my head, I cringe to myself.

But it was something worth to try....maybe if I reminded myself how much I truly loathed the Human race...that would fuel my loathing for her as well. I rise to my feet and I take off my jacket, turning my back and moving outside the hotel room by fleeing from the window.

I run, the trees moving past my face all in what feels like slow motion, my feet barely felt like they were touching the ground. I heard heavy breathing and I stopped instantly, closing my eyes to alter my hearing as I fixated on a small group of people who were a few miles ahead of me. They was taking a stroll through the woods I presumed and that's exactly what I needed.

"My King!" I heard from behind me and I turned to see a few of my newborns catching up with me and I press my finger to my lips. "What are you doing My King?" A young man asked me and I nodded my head over towards the humans, miles ahead of us. He nods as he realizes what is next, I turn for the humans and bolt towards them. My eyes almost landing perfectly to the neck of my first victim. I open my mouth and reach out my hand, grabbing the young man and sinking my teeth into his neck. I see the few newborns who followed me to the liberty to attack his friends as well.

My teeth ripped through the flesh as I drained the human completely, he screamed and thrashed on the ground as his hot thick blood slid down my throat. My body instantly invigorated as I savored the human. "My King, what's that smell?" She pursued and I lifted my head in a groan, the body slipping into my hands as I wipe the corner of my lips.

"My King," I hear from the side of me and I look up to see the young newborn glancing around our surroundings. I noticed as well as I lifted my head, the air changed and I growled to myself.

I looked up to see one wolf and two humans-well seemed to be. I rose to my feet and stuck my hands into my pockets. "It's nice to see you, Versale, Mario and...Nicole." I point out as my newborns scramble to their feet beside me, all ready to attack. "It's okay everyone. They're friends of ours." I spat and the wolf I notice to be Versale takes a step towards us. His grey fur blowing in the wind as his large teeth emerged from his mouth.

"We didn't mean to interrupt dinner." Nicole replies as she glances at the dead bodies and yet they still had blood inside them, I wasn't done feeding quite yet. "It's quite alright," I whisper and Mario narrows his eyes down on us. "So this is how you prepare for battle?" He growls and I turn to my newborns. "Report back to the base, I'll be there soon." I assure and they all nod together and harmonize, "Yes My King."

As my newborns fled the scene, I turn back to the werewolves who are standing expressionless across from me. "Well I see what you've been doing in your spare time." Mario adds and Nicole presses on his shoulders. "Calm yourself," Nicole whispers and he shakes briefly before exhaling. "I've been feeding, conversing amongst my own kind," I offer with a sly smile and Mario growls again. "Our Luna is in a state of paralysis and you're conversing?" Mario asks with an exaggerated tone and I roll my eyes. "That is your ruler- your queen. I am my own ruler so her wellbeing is none of my concern." I say simply and Versale growls in a throaty tone and I squint my eyes over at him. "You don't even care for Skye!" Mario roars and Nicole holds him back with her hands, trying to soothe him.

"Is it really any of your concern?" I ask and I knew I was pushing him over the edge. "Besides, you're practically glorifying Skye," I add and Nicole then flinches at what I say. "Don't even bother coming back when she wakes up." Nicole whispers and she begins to back away. "And what makes you think she'll come back as your Luna?" I taunt and that certainly gets them to shut up for a moment.

About fucking time.

"What makes you think she'll come back a Vampire?" Nicole asks in the same tone. "Answering a question with a question? That's very ignorant." I mumble and Nicole tilts her head to the side. "You have to ask yourself the same question. The possibility is endless....she could choose neither and choose death." She points out and I smile, "It's quite foolish to believe she'd choose that fate." As I say this Mario groans. "You aren't even right for her!" He shouts and I chuckle again to myself, "Who would be? I could care less if it were me." Each conversation about Skye was bullets to my body.

A rip to my chest. "Taylor," Mario mumbles and I frown. I can no longer reply. I just rise to my feet an back away, turning into a fleet back to home base...and away from the true possibility.

~*~*~*~

Yes it's short, but I'm just updating cause it's already written up.

x flower