Chapter 13

Versale's POV

I watched ominously at the two arguing werewolves.
Mario of course filled with rage and his eyes turning blood red, I could see the restrain his posture. He was trying to contain his wolf.

Taylor on the other hand was growling and sneering. His wolf was much larger than I expected, especially since this was his first changing that I witnessed.

I noticed Nicole leaving the room and hesitated to stop her.

My heart pounded in my chest and the realization hit me. This was ultimately dangerous for me.

Lethally dangerous.

"Make sure a dog fight doesn't begin. Alright?" I scold, glaring at Christopher Incanto who was still ministering Skye's unconscious body
I turned on my heel and quickly made my way to Nicole.

"Hey! Wait up! Where are you going?" I call after her. She turns around and almost instantly I could see that they were filled with anguish.

"What's the matter?" I say with a frown, trying to hide the waver in my tone.

"This is bad Versale. Really bad and you know exactly why." She says, her bottom lip quivering and tears filled her small eyes.

I exhaled deeply and ran my fingers through my hair.

Oh boy, here come the waterworks.

"The imprinting, I know and as devastating as that might be right now, we have more things to worry about that might risk our lives." I rush out frantically.

Nicole's heavy breaths halted for a moment and she frowned in confusion. "What do you mean?" She asks curiously and I try to contain my anxiety.
My anger.

"Our Luna, Skye is in deep sleep that cannot be awaken...however there is an exception." I pause for a moment and walk closer to Nicole who wipes her eyes.

"What? Like true loves kiss?" She asks me in a sarcastic tone and I purse my lips, maintaining our eye contact.

Her face dropped and she scoffed, "Wait- seriously? You have got to be kidding me?" She exclaimed and I exhale sharply.

"Well not technically. Just her mate...when I have up the position to be Alpha...I did it out of a cowardly act." I admit, tempted to turn my back to hide my ashamed expression.

"What do you mean?" Nicole asked and I immediately thought of our Luna. I surely wouldn't be punished for what I was about to say but this information was vital to what was occurring with the battle.

"Farrah wasn't supposed to die that night all those centuries ago.....and I'm the reason she did not." I breathed out and Nicole's eyes widened. She darted for me, her hand reaching for my neck but I gripped it and twisted it behind her back.

"You're the reason we're at war-" she began but I cut her off, slightly offended
"No. We're at battle because the Vampire King made too many enemies in his lifetime. Farrah would've found a way even if I didn't agree to help her. My job was to exterminate the coven and keep our pack safe but if I took position as Alpha, I would have to own up to my faults and confess and then be executed. Why would I put myself in such danger. We already knew of the prophecy-" this time Nicole interrupts me.

"They don't need to know about the prophecy or about the dishonor you brought to this pack. You knew of Farrah's capability- hell, we all did. Why do you think King kept her human? With her, he didn't need the prophecy." Nicole pushed away from me, her eyes still filled with anger.

I shake my head at her arrogance and rub the sides of my mouth. "Once the prophet speaks... It can't be undone. The only thing that could alter the path is Fate. And he hasn't been seen in 1,000 years." I remind her.

"The prophecy said she would choose. But not between what it was, I don't understand why my imprinting affects our Luna?" She was now annoyed by what I was saying.

Which I understood but also frustrated me even more.

"Because....Taylor is her mate. Her powers are stronger now more than ever and her own wolf will start to battle whatever she tries to choose because it is meant to be. But the King marked her....unknown blood runs through her body. Whether it's strain of some type of hybrid vampire- I have no idea. But if she doesn't decide soon....she will fall into oblivion and never wake up and then I will become Alpha. Once I do, no one can protect the humans in any of the covens....they'll try to overrun the human race once again...and this time conquer." When I finish speaking the truth, the worry set into my system and I could feel my teeth sharpen.

I snarled with anger and Nicole grabbed my shoulder and shook it.

"Hey. Versale don't worry. We'll figure it out. We'll do something. We can't wake her up without knowing if she is half blood."

"Then what do we do?" I ask angrily, balling my fists up and turning to punch the wall. My knuckles were white and I noticed I had dented the wall.
Hopefully Christopher Incanto had insurance to get it fixed.

"Let's find the prophet. There has to be a new prophecy with everything going on. Maybe she can help us." Nicole suggests, searching my eyes for confirmation.

"We don't have much time. Farrah could attack any day." I rush out in a worrisome tone.

"Then we better get a move on. We leave. Tonight." Nicole states bodily.

I swallow hard and look back at the room where Taylor, Mario and our Luna were still in. They were finally quiet.

"Do we tell Mario?" Nicole asks me, toning down her voice.

"Yes. We need him to complete the mission. Besides if he stays here, he might try to rip Taylor's throat out again." I say in a matter of fact tone.

"I just hope this works out. I'm getting scared Versale....there's going to be another battle...isn't there?" She asks me.

"Now my sweet baby sister....now is not the time to be afraid. And if you are, don't fear the battle. Fear the war. Because as we can lose battles and again win some. We only have one chance for the war. And we must not fail."

~*~*~*~*~*
Sorry that it's a short chapter but things are going to start getting extremely interesting.

I'm going to try to start updating this story at least once a week.

Hm, so there's a Prophecy...what do you think it is? Thank you for your patience!

X flower