Dance the Night Away

Edd sat on the sofa nervously tapping his foot on the floor and sipping a can of Cola. He had been watching the front door now for half an hour, Tord was always late but not this late. Tom had buggered off to god knows where around a quarter of an hour ago leaving the ginger and chubby boy alone.

Matt noticed Edd's impatient behaviour and smiled sweetly. "Maybe he's already here Edd or he forgot and is safe at home". Edd looked at Matt's freckled face. " Maybe...." Edd looked glum. The tension started to rise and in a moment of genius Matt offered his hand to Edd.

Edd looked puzzled. "Do you w-want to dance with me? It might get your mind off of things" Matt smiled warmly, Edd looked away "I can't dance very well... Sorry". Matt grabbed his hand and pulled up the surprised boy " Neither can I!" He replied cheerfully.

The boys clumsily spun and danced on the 'dance floor' aka now beer stained grey carpet. Edd was giggling, Matt was right it did take his mind off of things.

Matt loved it when Edd laughed, he'd do his best to make him everyday. He just loved the way he laughed, the way he shut his eyes and the pure look of joy that was portrayed.

Edd caught him staring and chuckled, "If you don't look where were going we might bump into someone". "Nonse-" as life plastered its cruel joke the boys hands parted as they hit the sticky carpeted floor. "Oh my goodness Edd I am so so sorry". Edd laughed and turned to look at him.

"Thank you! That was so much fun" he continued, putting his hand on his head. Matt joined in the laughter and helped his friend up. "Let's go chill out somewhere" Edd suggested wiping a tear away. "Yeah" Matt grinned and just like that they made their way to the staircase.

Edd could have sworn he'd seen Tord through the small window on the door but he ignored it for now.