Looking around, I spotted a middle aged staff who wasn't busy.

"Sorry to bother but I'm doing a...research on this painting and...could you maybe tell me anything interesting or well known about this?"

I asked him as professionally as possible but most probably sounded the least confident. Walking nearer towards me, he face lit up with excitement.

"Ahhh, very interesting question Ms! Well, this picture was drawn by a very famous artist who was known in the past for his splendid photographic memory!! It was absolutely remarkable!" He clasped his hands, admiration seen clearly on his face.

Nodding my head slowly, I tried to grasp the information but it somehow didn't link with the situation I was in. Giving him a small ' thanks ', I strolled back to my bike.

My life was currently like a puzzle thrown into a hurricane— the mystery was impossible to crack. The shrill ring from my phone snapped me out of my train of thoughts.

"Hey Cole, what's up?"

"I think puberty hit me." He answered in a straight tone.

"What?!"

"Something is seriously wrong with me Skylar, can we talk? Are you free?" Cole asked desperately.

"Erm...yeah of course" my voice lowered down into a whisper. This was something of the unknown to me as
I wasn't ever the best listener or advisor. To be honest, I found it quite surprising that Cole wanted to talk to me as I only knew him for two weeks but there was something in his voice that told me he needed help.

"Cool, so Ice Cream Palace?"

"I'll see you there"

==========

Walking into the same ice cream parlor which I got 'fired' from, I saw a few familiar faces. My eyes scanned across to find a nervous looking Cole who was munching on gummy bears. Taking a seat in front of him, he have me a small smile.

"Thanks for coming again..." he said with a mouth full of gummy bears.

"Don't worry about that, now what's up with you?"

"Do you know that green gummy bears are actually strawberry flavor–" he looked away at his gummy bears before I interrupted him.

"Not about your god damn gummy bears, I want to know about you." I gave him a dead serious look.

Taking a deep breath, he intwined his fingers tightly.

"I think I have to go to the doctor..."

"Why??" My heart started beating at a faster rate cause the last time I heard that phrase, my mum ended up having cancer.

"I'm starting to check out...boys." He whispered lowly, while his eyes held confusion. Raising an eyebrow, I let out a sigh of relief.

"It could be puberty though, what do you think?" He fiddled with his blonde fringe.

"I think it's normal, Cole. You're trying to find yoursel-"

"Hell, it ain't normal! I'm gay Skylar, and I know it. What am I even talking about? I'm in love with a guy which I've never met! I'm a mess!" He spoke so fast with so much emotion, I couldn't even keep up with the thick British accent he had. He dropped his head in his palms before groaning in irritation.

"And the worst thing is that Wesley Griffin knows I'm gay because I blurted it out, he's bullying me 24/7 about this. Haven't you checked your Facebook yet? It's all over. My highschool life is officially over." He rolled his eyes in frustration.

"I think it's just beginning. Cole, this is who you are and you shouldn't change who you are because they can't accept you. If they can't accept you then I guess they'll have to change. You're actually a hero to many of those wimps in school who can't stand up for themselves." I lifted his chin so that he was looking directly at me.

Biting on his gummy bear, his eyes danced across the table, deep in thought. Suddenly, his eyes lit up.

"You know what, Skylar? I'm going to find him!" He stood up abruptly, giving me a small kiss on the cheek before dashing out.

"Wait who?!" I yelled out as loud as possible before he left the ice cream parlor. Turning back once more, he gave me a cheeky smile.

"The boy that stole my heart."

==========
//🌸Hey my beautiful people🌸//

I know this chapter is extremely boring but I needed this chapter to link some things which would happen later on so just hang in there cause it's gonna get ✌️better!!✌️
>>And who do you think 3W! is?

COMMENT||VOTE||SHARE||
❤️Love y'all!!❤️
-Celine💦