Chapter 5

I couldn't believe it, Silas was a murderer. A killer...and a friend. Or so I thought. "This can't be true, this must be a fake. Photoshop and clever editing...or something," but even to my own ears it sounds weak.

"If you wish, I could show you other video's and evidence we have collected over the last decade" the Empress informs me. "I understand this might be hard to take in, but you must know it's true."

I can't do this right now. It's to much, first Gunsmith, then teleporting, then time-travel and now Silas. "I need some alone time," I state "can you give me that?" I can't be here.

"As you wish, Officer Dostik will escort you to an available room. Veeran give her a copy of all the data so she can look at it if she wishes." As the guard scurries of to what she asks, I take a look over at Sluan.

"Well at least my life ain't boring, right?" I joke as I try not to have a mental break down right then and there.

Slaun studies me for what seems like an eternity and then his eye's change from the cold, hard ice to a softness I din't know he had. "True" he says "you could be bald." Though his joke sucks and I detest the man, in this very moment I can't help but love him.

Him, a stranger who's life I made hell and more complicated than needs be, comforting me when he has every right to hate me.

"Come," he continues "let's get you to your room so you can do... whatever it is you need to do."

"There are showers on board this death-trap right?" I question, feeling the need to wash away today's filth.

"Of course, we even have hot water!" Sarcasm is definitely not his strong suit.

"Whatever." I mutter "Any chance you could teach me how to use the computer system on boars this place? That way I can look at the data without you there."

"Sure, the Empress informed me that you need to fit you to your Guide."

"My what?"

"Your Guide, a program the acts as an educator, 'implanting' all the relevant information you need in your brain for you to access it."

"Yea no, not gonna happen." I state. "No way am I letting you guys mess around in my brain."

"Calm your self woman, it's what you would call and eye mask that you place over you face and the information gets transferred that way. It's been used thousands of times and has never failed."

"And?"

"And what?"

"And what else? How long does it take? What information do I get? How do-"

Sluan cuts me off "Enough. It takes about 10 of your Earth minutes and you get information based on history, technology, language and anything else needed for you comfort."

"Sounds good, let's do it before I take a shower."

After about another ten minutes of walking though different halls, corridors and doors Sluan stops in front of a blue door. "Here is your room, code 8975." As the door slides open I immediately find myself mesmerized by the view from window; it was similar to the view from the Empresses room. The giant purple planet was absolutely magnificent.

But the best part would have to be the stars surrounding me. I felt as though I was alone in the universe; but with all the beauty there I didn't even matter.

"This is all real isn't it?" I whispered. " I won't wake up from this will I? It's not a bad dream it's true?"

"Sadly for you, yes."