Chapter 2

I woke up my alarm blaring in my ear and the sun beating down on my face. Fuuccckk. I should not have finished that bottle of wine while in bed. I slowly sat up and tried to reduce the pounding in my brain. As I made it to my new state of the art kitchen I recently had installed with a brand new coffee machine, I was glad I had pre-programmed my coffee maker so I'm the morning all I had to add was milk. Mmmmm so good.

After I finished my breakfast I made my way back to my room and took a shower in the bathroom, washing my hair and shaving my legs to make them look, and feel, smooth as fuck. As I dried off I pondered what for lingerie to wear. Though I was a simple creature that could survive in the desert as well as the jungle I like to splurge my money on clothes and make-up. I would only buy the best from Victoria's Secret and so I decided on the purple lace set. God it made me feel confident and sexy, like I could rip a man's heart out.

I could actually, but that's beside the point.

I got dressed in a from fitting black business dress that would make my ass look great but also give off the professional vibe I had. Today wasn't an ass kicking day, it was a recon day. After years of practice, the best way to get people to tell you shit was to look like a sex kitten with power. After leaving my hair for its natural straight look and applying my makeup I had the face the toughest choice of my morning.

My shoes.

After about 20 minutes of deliberation it settled for a black stiletto with a small red bow on the back to accent the red of my nails and lipstick. I looked good.

Because I didn't exist in 'real life' it was easy to get into the underground of New York without much hassle or even worry. I had no one they could threaten nor did they know who I was. God sometimes being a ghost was easy, other times like when voting its becomes impossible. So sadly I couldn't change the fact Donald Trump became President.

As I made my way to the harbor, I parked my car in the usual spot behind the warehouse that would lead you through and underground maze system to the heart of the the crime in New York City. Though the parking lot looks abandoned it isn't, its kind of like a valet system, I leave the keys in my car and they hide it for me until I give them the signal I'm leaving the maze and they'll drive it back with prefect timing and I drive of into the sunset. Its a great was to avoid parking tickets and make sure no one fucks with my car.

The maze is the tricky part, the only way you make it through is if you've been before or someone gave you instructions. Thankfully for me, I was given a map from Silas and was able to make my way through, though now that I've been here so much I know this place like the back of my hand.

I even helped them install new traps and security measures in the other tunnels.

The Underground is a dark place to be, and I don't just mean because of the lack of lighting. But this place houses everything, from small time gang leaders to big mafia bosses. It's a place to do your work, trade, make deals or just live the life of a criminal. To each their own.

The only thing that gets to me its the amount of nudity in the place, I get that most of the women here are lose in morals, as well as other parts of their body's, but honestly, no one wants to see that much of anyone's lady cave.

So that's why I come dressed the way I do, if you look like a slut you get treated like a slut. I've been around long enough for people to know not to fuck with me, the last person who did when home without their balls attached.

It only takes 8 - 10 pounds of pressure to remove them and they can sing soprano for the rest of the time. Good times.

As I make my way to the bar I ask Beaker for my usual, which is a margarita, and ask him for the best weapons dealer in the house.

"Miss Lily, great to see you again, you margarita is coming shortly, and as for information, the best currently in the house is Vladimir. He's currently seated near the pool area with the blond and red head in his lap." He informs me as he stirs away making my drink.

"Thanks Beaker, could you deliver my drink once it's done?"

"Certainly Miss Lily, anything for you." I roll my eyes at his cheesy attempt at flirting as I make my way over the the man in question.

"Good evening Sir, am I correctly informed you are Vladimir?" I ask respectfully. Respect is everything in the business, respect them and they respect you. Otherwise expect a bullet between the eyes.

"You are. And who might you be?" He inquires speaking with a thick Russian accent.

"The bar boy, Beaker, told me about you and I am Lily." As soon as I speak my name recognition flashes in his eyes. Good. "I am in need of some information about you profession and I do hope you will help me"

"Of course my dear, but dependent on what you need and how much your willing to pay for it." he sates while looking me up and down assessing if I'm a threat. He quickly waves the two girls humping him away as he gestures for my to sit opposite of him in the booth. "Now that we are alone, what can I do for you?"

I notice Beaker bringing my drink and wait till he's gone again to resume talking. "Thanks you for your assistance and cooperation Vladimir, I am looking for information about a certain someone in your trade, a very illusive man, yet very well connected and powerful. Gunsmith" As soon as I utter his name, his eyes flash but he quickly regains his blank face.

"That's a very powerful man your after Lily, information like this comes at a high price, mostly death. Are you prepared to pay?"

"I wouldn't have asked it I wasn't prepared to pay"

"As you wish" he concedes with a slight head nod. "There is not much known about Gunsmith, he's a ghost, even more so than you Lily, but he is also very good. All I know is that he operates in Los Angeles, he has close ties to the Italian Mafia, and is their best supplier. However it was rumored to be that he would be in New York soon on business with the Five Families."

"Oh, when is he expected?" I ask.

"Not sure, this man is more secretive and illusive than most, he appears and disappears in seconds, no one sees him outside of deals and there is no name to place with the face. He is the ultimate ghost." He praises. "There is talk of him staying at a hotel, one of the few 5 stars in the city. If I were him I would rent out the entire floor, for safety reasons. Am I to expect you dead soon?"

"No Victor, I just need to talk to the man" I inform him. "I'm no more an assassin than you." I smile, not an assassin no, but I do kill their professions, dreams and lives. "Thank you Victor, this has been most helpful, you will receive a wire transfer of $500,000 by the end of the day as a your payment. I hope this is sufficient?"

"Certainly Lily, pleasure doing business, hope we can do it again." He smiles and stands, ever the gentleman. He hands over a card with his account number so I can transfer the money.

As I arrive back home I boot up my computer and transfer the money to Vladimir. Now that that's done I look up all the places that could possible house Gunsmith.

After a few hours of hacking and searching I've been able to narrow it down to two hotels, both booked identically so one must be a decoy. They've been booked since yesterday till the end of this week. Giving me 5 more days to 'talk'.

Well then, tomorrow I'll have to send one of my men I have on payroll to do some work for me and stakeout the hotel. This way by the end of the tomorrow I'll have the information needed to go to the correct hotel.

It's time to get ready for a hunt.