Surprise Part 40

Three days later Louise received a nice bouquet with a note in it:   "Would you like to go out on Friday night, we can go to the movies and dine at a cozy restaurant after that.   Please say yes.  Charles."

She had not date since Gregg died, he was always at the back of her mind, to be truthful to herself, the way Charles studied her that morning reminded her of Gregg and the way he looked at her when they first met.  What should she do?

She read the note again and thought, what harm could it do, she needed a social life too and her mother in law is at home with Gregory.  She will tell her that she wants to brainstorm with a colleague about a new product,  a half-truth.   She would get them a video to keep them happy.

He arrived at half past seven and they watched "Blood diamond" at the cinema.   She was surprised by the table he chose in the restaurant, it was in the corner and beautifully decorated with a bouquet and one candle.  She felt relaxed after a glass of semi sweet wine.  He smiled at her and asked her why she smiled the morning they met.  She told him about Gregory and his "Secret garden."

"I am glad it wasn't about another man," he said.

"Of course it was, the only man in my life."  She laughed.

"Where is he now?"

"With his grandmother, she stays with us and they were watching a video when I left."

She suddenly realized that she knew nothing about him and he knew a lot about her.

"Are you new in the city or are you just here for business?"

"I am actually from Rustenburg, but I am here on business for a few weeks."  He smiled at her.

"So what did you tell your mother, where were you off too."

"I told her we are brainstorming about a new product, and we better do that." she laughed.

"I can cover that for you, here is a sample of our new washing powder, ask her to try it, I need a comment, but I wanted to investigate a secret smile," he said and winked at her.   She felt her face warm up and was sure she was as red as a tomato.

After dinner, he took her hand in his and escorted her to his car.   He was a real gentleman and she felt good when he opened the door for her to get inside.   When he got inside the car he put his arm around her and draw her towards him.  He kissed her tenderly.  "Thank you for a lovely evening," he said.

When they stopped at home, he got out and opened the door for her.  "See you soon," he said before he drove off.