Paul Part 62

"That's true, I would like to study horticulture, but I'm not sure where to start," Gregory answered.

"If you love gardening, you will love it.   I'm doing home studying and it is one of my subjects for my last school year." Lindie said excitedly.

"That is nice, I wish I could do that, it would be much more interesting than history and science. We only learn a small portion of plants in biology.  I guess that is my best subject because of that, but I would like to learn some more."

"Why don't you enroll in an Agricultural college, where they do the practical stuff too.  How old are you?" Jonathan asked.

"I'm turning fifteen in two months' time."

"Then this is a good time to start planning, google the Agricultural Colleges in the vicinity and see which one suits you.  Maybe you can enroll next year and finish your last three school years there.  It helped Lindie a lot," he said with an encouraging smile.

"You asked me how I produce such nice big pumpkins and healthy tomatoes, I learned how to manufacture my own compost.  I add cow manure to the organic leftovers from the vegetables I sell, like carrots and beetroot leaves.   You will be surprised at what you learn and how many cures there are for the different, diseases some really simple." Lindie added enthusiastically.

"You inspired me, now I can see why you are so successful, you are passionate about your garden," Gregory said in amazement.

Jonathan smiled and said: "That's my girl, she was like that since she was five years old when Gogo took her into the orphanage.  It started with an onion from the dumps, outside the village."

On their way home it was Gregory who was leading the conversation: "Thank you, Tracey, these are amazing people and they have my mind in a spin now.  They think I should attend an Agricultural College, which will enable me to take horticulture as one of my subjects.  What do you think?"

"Gregory there is nothing better than having a goal to work on.  I can't see anything wrong about going to an Agricultural College, it might be a good thing to talk to Father John about it." Tracey answered with a smile.

"I think that is the first thing that I will do when you drop me at the church, what is your goal, Tracey?"

"I want to finish my studies as a nurse first and then I want to start a safe haven for women that were abused or mistreated.  I still have a long way to go and would need to collect money and get sponsors, but all will happen in good time.  I'm so glad you enjoyed the day Gregory, see you on Sunday."  She said as she stopped the car.

"Bey Tracey and thanks so much!" He called as she drove off.

Father John was pleased to see him and his blue eyes twinkled when Gregory told him about his plans. "Well let's put your plan into motion, you google the colleges and give their names and details to me, then I will see what we can do about the expenses.  It will be wise to do well in your studies for the rest of this school year.  It might help to enroll you at the new school." He said while he made some notes.

"Well, I have nothing better to do, except gardening.  My friends are avoiding me and I just can't stand their jokes and remarks anymore.  I'll see you on Sunday with all the info. Thanks, Father," he said as he left.

Gregory did as he was told and Father John helped him with the registration, now he was sitting in his room at the boarding school, waiting for his new roommate.  A boy from a nearby farm.  His name is Paul.  He felt excited and anxious at the same time, he had only shared his room with his mother before, and this was a total stranger.

The door swung open and met the wall with a crash.  A tall red-haired boy stood in front of him, a suitcase in one hand and a backpack in the other.  He dropped the backpack and offered Gregory a hand: "Paul Jacobs, he said in a loud voice," as his green eyes met Gregory's.

"I'm Gregory Smith," he said.