XVIII

Jeric's POV

"Jeric mag breakfast kana, 9 na ng umaga," mom woke me up.

Because I was so tired yesterday from the intense training, Alexie and I weren't able to Skype coz I got knocked out the moment my back touched the bed.

"Yes mom, I'll go down na. Give me 15mins lang." I took my phone from the bedside table and checked my inbox.

6 unread messages (3 from Alexie)

From: Alexie Ho
Are you home? Wanna skype? I have something to tell you. :-)

From: Alexie Ho
I have a feeling you're asleep na. Talk to you tomorrow then. Good night, tiger!

From: Alexie Ho
Good morning, Mr. Teng!!! Rise and shine! I'm off to run errands before tonight's prom. Have a good day!

I tapped her name.

Me: Good morning, honey!
Alexie: Good morning to you too! You just woke up noh?
M: Yeah eh, I fell asleep agad pag uwi ko last night. Sorry di na kita na text. Where are you by the way?
A: No, it's fine I understand naman. I'm having my nails done near the condo lang. I'll have brunch after then my make up artist will meet me at the hotel na. My friends and I decided to take a room nalang. So what are you up to today?
M: Uhmm nothing. Can I volunteer as your date tonight?
A: Jeric, that's too much. Kagagaling mo lang dito. As much as I want you here, its not good naman that you'll come every weekend nalang. Sila tita won't be happy about that.
M: I'm just kidding! Relax. As much I want to be there too, I need to rest my body too. Lapit na talaga FilOil eh. And may shoot kami ni Jeron bukas for McDo. Maybe I'll just hit the gym today or watch a movie alone at home.
A: that's better! Chill ka lang dyan, you'll see me soon enough.
M: Can that soon enough be like 3days from now?
A: Ay demanding naman neto!
M: Joke lang. Basta I'm looking forward to the day that I'll see you again.
A: me too, babe.
M: Ay wait. You said in your text last night that you have something to tell me. What is it?
A: oh that. Later nalang when we talk again. Anyway, I have to put this down, the manicurist will paint my fingernails na. Bye!
M: Fine. But whatever it is, i hope it's not a bad news. Text me later after that ah. Miss you! Bye!

The house is unusually silent.

"Yaya, where's mom?" Tanong ko kay yaya Lory, our helper since I was a kid.

"Nasa garden ata iho eh."

"Okay po, I'll bring my food there nalang ." So I took my plate of bacon, pancakes and scrambled egg to the garden. I positioned myself on our picnic table under the big mango tree. I was just watching mom doing her thing with her orchids. She really love her flowers.

Halfway through with my food, mom sat beside me.

"You really like her, don't you?" I did not anticipate that question from her.

"Alexie?" I asked in confirmation.

"Is there anybody else?"

I just gave her a meaningful smile. Oo nga noh? Labo ko.

"I hope we can see her again soon son. I wanna see why you and your sibling are very fond of her, especially you."

"I'd like that too mom. But she's really busy with school now eh but we talked kanina and she said she will see me soon. Didn't tell me how soon though."

"Then you just have to wait and see. Oh by the way, don't forget your shoot tomorrow ha? It's at 5pm in Makati. Almira will go with you since I can't kasi may business meeting kami ng daddy mo."

"Okay mom." Then she left to go back to her orchids.

Calling... Kevin Ferrer

Me: O ano?
Kevin: Grabe ka naman! Wala man lang bang hello Kevin dyan? Ano agad?
M: hello Kevin! What do you want this time?
K: pag tumawag may kailangan agad? Nakakahurt ka ng feelings cap ah!
M: I'm kidding. Pero ano, may problema ba?
K: wala naman, nagyaya kasi si Forts mag RobMag mamaya. G ka?
M: sige ano oras ba?
K: after lunch daw eh around 2pm.
M: sige text niyo lang ako pag on the way na kayo.
K: sige. Bye.