XII

Jeric's POV

It's way past midnight but my worry about Alexie hasn't subsided yet. I swear I could've called her a hundred times but not a single one has been answered. I tried tweeting and texting her sister as well but to my dismay, I got no reply. Which by the way, just made things worse. Every now and then, I check my social media accounts hoping I get a reply from her there.

"Ahia please stop moving. Di ako nakatulog sayo ang likot mo eh!" Jeron complained.

"Sorry." That's all I could afford to say.

I stood up from the bed to refrain from disturbing my brother's sleep and sat on the bean bag located at the foot of our bed. I decided to play 2K14, thinking it could tire me a little so that I can go to sleep and just check on Alexie again when the sun is up. I had 10 rounds of the game and still not tired. I started to get annoyed at myself. 4:25 am, I check the time. I'm beginning to feel hopeless yet so desperate to get a hold on the girl I have gone nuts about.

"Ahia gising na! Lumipat ka nga sa kama. What were you thinking when you slept on the bean bag? Gusto mo ng stiff neck?" Inalog ako ni Jeron. Di ko namalayan nakatulog na pala ako sa bean bag habang hawak pa ang controller at naka pause ang nilalaro ko.

"Napagod lang ako kakalaro kaya nakatulog ako dito." Lumipat ako ng higa sa kama. When I glanced at the clock, 6:45 am pa pala. My training is still at 10am kaya I still have an hour or two to go back to sleep. I checked my phone first, still no text nor call from Alexie, no twitter notification as well. I went back to sleep.

"Jeric..." I heard series of knocks on the door that woke me up. "Anak, wake up. Malalate ka na for your training."

"Yes mom, maliligo na po ako then I'll go down na." I tried saying it loud enough for mom to hear me.

I went to the bathroom and took a shower, prepared my clothes for training and books for my afternoon classes. I hurriedly went downstairs right after.

I found only mom in the dining since I'm sure dad is at work as well as achi Alyssa while shoti and shobe are in school already.

"Morning mom!" I greeted her as I sat on the chair.

"Good morning! Kain ka na bago ka pa malate for practice. You look tired and sleepy. Did you get enough sleep last night?" Mom asked with the usual worried look on her face.

"I didn't eh, was worrying about Alexie the whole night." I replied.

"What happened?" She got more intrigued. I told her the story about last night starting from our phone conversation. But I left out all the cheesy parts, of course. It would be too embarrassing to tell mom all those, right?

"Maybe something just came up kaya she didn't get to answer your calls or baka nalowbatt lang at di pa nakapag charge hanggang ngayon kasi busy. Let's not jump into bad conclusions, Jeric." Mom tried to talk me through it.

"I hope so mom." That's all I could say.

"Sige na, hurry up! Masasabon ka na ni coach Pido if you don't leave in 15mins. I'll tell the driver to have the car ready for you. Or better yet I'll let the driver drive you to UST now kasi parang wala ka sa condisyon to drive eh. I'm not going out today naman din." Mom instructed. I didn't want to argue with her so I just nodded.

On the way to school I still tried to call Alexie, but the operator said, "the subscriber cannot be reached, please try again later". I'm not giving up but something inside me tells me I should put a rest on it first, so I did.

Training went fast. Nasabon ako ng konti ni coach actually coz di daw ako nakikinig and I wasn't myself according to my teammates. I didn't tell him what was wrong even if they kept on bugging me to spill the bean. Wala akong gana to and honestly, I'm really sleepy. I skipped lunch as a matter of fact, natulog ako sa sofa sa labas ng coaching office when I saw that I was the only one left at the gym. But of course pumasok ako sa classes ko. That was a given. I never skip class unless it's important. I am a student before an athlete after all.