XXII

Alexie's POV

Today is my last day in Cebu. Tomorrow I fly to Manila to finally settle my things in the condo and process my papers in UP, the next week I fly back to Davao before school officially starts in my new school.

"I can't believe you're leaving us! We will definitely miss you and your lame jokes, Lex!" Ryan said while he and my other friends helped me pack my things from the locker to a box.

"We won't hear your panicky voice anymore whenever your patients don't show up on time." Gav teased me.

"And your fairy walk around the room whenever you're in a good mood." Step, also my classmate, added.

"Guys, do you realize I can just visit you guys here whenever I have breaks? I can still fairy walk if I come back here for a visit or call you if I panic in Manila or if I have more lame jokes in mind. But seriously, I'm gonna miss you all!" I replied to them while closing the box filled with dental materials.

"I'm going to miss you like cray! I will throw tantrums if you don't reply to my texts or if you won't answer my calls. Please be good in Manila and don't let Manila get the best of you, you know how it is there. I hope Jeric takes good care of you. We both know he plays a role in your decision and even if I'm not for it, I'll still support you because I love you like my own sister. Tell the guy I'll break his femur and tibia if her hurts you and make you cry. I love you so so so so much, BFF!" That brought tears to my eyes. I have the best-est friend in the world, Gianna. Though her threat to Jeric sounds scary, I still managed to find it funny. She hugged me first and everyone else followed for a group hug.

"Picture! That's what you kids need." The dean's secretary butted in when she found us in the infirmary. I handed her my phone.

Instagram:

@AlexieMargaux: I will miss these crazies the most! Last day in Cebu! Bittersweet feels right now. I love you guys 5ever. (Insert group picture)

As usual, I arrived to an empty condo. Came back quite late since I had dinner with my best friend first before driving back here. I will miss this little haven of mine for I won't be coming back here every night after a long day at school anymore. But because my dad bought this for me after high school, I'm still going to see this place whenever I visit Cebu.

Jeric's POV

Woke up early today to pick up my favorite girl from the airport. I haven't seen her since my birthday and I miss her quite terribly.

"You're up early." Mom is in the living room reading today's newspaper while sipping coffee.

"Good morning mom! I'm picking up Alexie at the airport today." I announced while grabbing my car key from the shelf.

Mom's smile widened, "I know son. Tell her lunch later here at home. I'm cooking and I'm not taking no for an answer. Tell her we miss her too so she needs to come by, ok? Now go now before you get stuck in traffic and get late at picking up my soon to be daughter-in-law."

"You're so supportive mom! We're not even together yet. But thanks, I'll tell her you said that. I'm not going to miss telling her all of it." Giving emphasis on the word all. I bid her goodbye.

Before heading straight to the airport, I passed by a flower shop to buy her favorite tulips.

I was standing outside the arrival area holding a signage the says "ALEXIE HO - TENG" on it. I'm excited to see her reaction when she sees it.

A girl wearing black jeans, plain white v-neck shirt, floral Nike SB Janoskis, hair on a bun and with a big eye glasses came out from arrival building and her face went from serious to laughing when she saw what I was holding. Pushing her cart with her baggages, I came near her and enveloped her in a big bear hug.