XX

Alexie's POV

I couldn't contain my happiness the moment I found out I got in my dream school, National University of Singapore. It was a year ago when I submitted my application to the them but they didn't send anything asking me to take their entrance exam, so my family and I assumed I did not get in. My dad kept bugging me about it but my mom asked him to just give it a rest because I wasn't pleased myself on how it turned out either.

Who would have thought that a year later, a big brown envelope would land in my mailbox coming from no less than my dream university. Every cell of my body was ecstatic. I made a call to my parents right away and they said whatever my decision will be, they will back me up. But they thought it was a no-brainer, I had to take that opportunity.

"How about Jeric?" My best friend Giana came by my unit to drop off a bag I left in the hotel. We were at the veranda of my room.

"I don't know, G. I mean if I got the letter a year ago, I wouldn't be here now. But things are different now, I have him to consider too." Honestly, I became hesitant because of him.

"Are you guys together?" She curiously asked.

"No, or atleast not yet." A pang of sadness creeped into my heart.

"You're not together, he shouldn't be a huge factor in your decision. I get it, you both are attracted and obviously very much into each other, but you two aren't together. You don't owe him anything. I like him for you, but A, weigh it out properly. This is your dream, don't forget that. I'm just trying to be rational here, ok?" She put some sense into me.

"I get your point, G. I haven't made up my mind yet. And I will sure keep what you said in mind. I just need more time to think this through." My bestfriend knows me too well. She can read my mind and she very well knows that before this talk, all I was thinking of was how it might affect Jeric and I if I leave. Cebu and Manila is already far, how much more Singapore and Manila.

"Okay then, I'll get going. But please do me a favor A, think about this bazillion of times. Not everyone gets an opportunity like yours, don't put it to waste." My best friend bid me goodbye.

I know I have been blessed to be given an opportunity as such. I have dreamt about this for as long as I can remember. Even in high school I have always been day dreaming about the time I'd get into NUS and live an independent life in Singapore. I studied so hard then just so I get good grades enough to impress the administration. When I didn't get a word from them, it shattered my dreams, it broke my heart. I thought it was the end, there was no way I could enter a prestigious university like that. But looking at the piece of paper I am holding now, why am I not that happy? Of course I am but there is something pulling me back, holding me and making me doubt my supposedly decision. Could it be because I am falling for a guy? Didn't I say before that no guy can ever hinder me from following my dreams? Am I turning my back on this? Could my conscience take it if I disappoint my parents again? This is like a now or never kind of thing and if I let this go and slip off my hands, I may not get a grip of something this big ever again. This is driving me insane.

The letter stated that my deadline isn't until the last week of April so I have more time to make up my mind.

It's been a week and I haven't said a word about the letter to Jeric yet. Three days from now will be his birthday and I have already planned out my surprise for him. It's just really hard to act like everything is fine whenever we talk though. Gotta get my acting skills into another level.

I'm here in school now meeting my complete dentures patient.

"Lexie, the dean wants to talk to you in her office now." The secretary of the dean told me when she entered the Prosthodontics department. I wonder why she wants to talk to me. Did I do something wrong? Is this about NUS? Or am I just overthinking again? The third option perhaps. "I'll be there in a sec, ma'am." I replied.